Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 11:49 PM

Favourite Book

I was wondering what favourite books everyone has. I love to read and have many favourites so I've narrowed it down to 3 categories;

Favourite fictional book: Mine would have to be Magic Cottage by James Herbet, a fab book I read during the summer after my GCSEs!

Favourite non fictional book: Would have to be Lucky Man by Michael J Fox, such an incredible story my brother read it in 2 days but then he always was a smart ****!

And finally Favourite Dog book, Fictional or non fictional: This for me would have to go to Moobli by Mike Tomkies, (non fiction) a brilliant story of a man in the wilderness with his GSD helping to track wild animals to be photographed. Still trying to find a decent second hand copy!

So, what's your favourite book? Feel free to add!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Ok my favourite book is fictional and is 'Family Portrait' by Graham Masterton, absolutely brilliant and scary.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Kiwi Mountaineers, by Rob Hall and Gary Ball

Fabulous book if you love mountaineering, unfortunately both authors passed away on their adventures, Rob Hall on Everest in 1996 and Gary on Dhaulagiri in 1993.

Totally recommend this book if you love outdoor adventures - the photography is breathtaking, alot of it by Colin Monteath.

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:59 AM
I never get time to read books much and if I do it takes so long that I forget how the story began in the first place All my spare time is spent on dogweb The last books that I have read that I enjoyed are the Minnette Walters ones, I have read all of her books except one which I couldn't really get into, and found them excellent.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
That's quite a difficult question for me. I read fantasy fiction and more often than not there is a series of books to a story, not just one book.

If I HAD to pick one it would be Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2005, 09:10 AM
I LOVE to read. I don't really like the fantasy stuff, like Pratchett, I just find myself going 'WHAT', it's just not for me. My Dad and his wife love it though. My favourite author is Wilbur Smith, I love his big rolling epic novels about South Africa and her history, I get totally immersed in them
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Absolutely immersed in the Jean M. Auel books at the moment only got 1 and a half left to read then I hope she is busy writing her 6th in the series !
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban-J.K Rowling
mind u i like most books, cant wait for the new book to come out1
Also i love My family and other animals-Gerald Durrell,
and Doing It-Melvin Burgess
best wishes
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 09:59 AM
atm i am trying to read 'oliver twist' by charles dickens having great trouble!
but theres a book i've read many times called 'midnight' by jacqueline wilson.
roxy, did u say scary? gotta get that!
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Catch22 by Joseph Heller is my favourite book, but my favourite author is Thomas Hardy. I have alot of difficulty with reading, words get mixed up etc, so it takes me ages to read a book .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >