Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
darrenbmw540
New Member!
Male 

21-12-2009, 09:36 PM

How old before a puppy becomes sexually active

Hi everybody can someone help, we have a 10 week old male shih tzu puppy and a small 14 month old female labardoddle which is on heat is it possible that they can make puppys at the moment as we have court them trying and my wife is getting in a tisz.

Thank you

Darren
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Well I know of a 14 week old catching his Mum because they owners did not think he could so I would separate just in case.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by darrenbmw540 View Post
Hi everybody can someone help, we have a 10 week old male shih tzu puppy and a small 14 month old female labardoddle which is on heat is it possible that they can make puppys at the moment as we have court them trying and my wife is getting in a tisz.

Thank you

Darren
Well my first BC's father was just 7 months old when she was born, which made him 4 & a bit months old when she was conceived ! However I would think your Shih Tzu is too young at the moment, but will be old enough when she is next in season so you will need to separate them for her next season & supervise them at all times at the moment & never ever leave them alone whilst your bitch is in season even now.
darrenbmw540
New Member!
Male 

22-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Thank you we will not be leaving them alone for the next week or so.

regards
Darren