Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LillyRose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Adding garlic to food

Hi

I have read here that garlic can help repel fleas - but not ticks as I understood it.I'm thinking of doing this for Scarlett and have bought some garlic pearls, they are 60mg.I've read that a few times a week should suffice.

What I'd like to know is,which way is the best way of adding the capsule to her food and how much should I give her at a time? Would it be ok to just feed it her as a tablet, if you know what I mean?

I'm unsure of Scarlett's weight just yet as I always need a second pair of hands (if that needs to be known firstly re dosage)

Sorry for all the questions...

Thank you all

Lilly
x
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2009, 10:06 PM
I have read that too much garlic could be toxic for dogs. But someone will have all the info for you. Just be sure before you give it that it is not too much.

This might help.

http://www.whatprice.co.uk/pets/dogs...ubstances.html
LillyRose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks Anna.I'll make a copy of it and stick it to the side of my fridge for future reference - best to be on the safe side
Dolfinfeet
New Member!
Female 

25-11-2009, 07:25 PM
A couple of people I have met down our local park use garlic for their dogs and have said he did help repel fleas, one of them just chops up a clove and puts it into their food and the other cooks it up with liver for treats. We did this once and now our pup can't walk past the veg basket without licking a garlic bulb!