Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 08:51 PM

Please help! Friend has lost photos!

A friend of mine connected her memory card from her camera in to my computer using a USB.

Photos and videos came up on Picasa.

She thought that all her photos on this card had been uploaded on to my computer, so deleted the file with the photos through Picasa....whilst the memory card was still plugged in to my computer, meaning she has lost all her photos that were on the card.

All that's left on her memory card are videos.

The thing is, I restored the only two folders from the recycle bin, and we still couldn't find the pictures. When she deleted the file it said they weren't completely removed (or something like that) as they had related files.

Is there any chance at all that these photos can be restored at all? If so, how?

Thanks very much.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes Nic.If you google retrieval software you should be able to download one of a few pieces of software that can retrieve deleted files from memory cards. It does not work every time but fingers crossed.

The one I used was called rescue pro.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Yes Nic.If you google retrieval software you should be able to download one of a few pieces of software that can retrieve deleted files from memory cards. It does not work every time but fingers crossed.

The one I used was called rescue pro.
Thanks for this, Rach. I've just remembered that you had a similar problem a while ago. Did it work for you?

It's worth a shot so we shall give it ago. Thanks.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Try this softare it's free and from the comments made aboutt he people have used it it don't seem to bad

PC Inspector
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Here's another: Photorec