Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 04:54 PM

Can Anyone Help

Is anyone travelling to Essex in the very near future from Worthing Sussex area or do you have an OH who does transportation and may be travelling this way.
Helena has very very kindly offered me a Television and we are trying to find a way to transport it from her to me.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated and of course any costs would be covered.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 06:35 PM
If you want to transport in legs, I'll take the Lakeside to Colchester leg - and bring you Milo's painting at the same time.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 07:37 PM
That could help a lot Pat, coz Dave has a mate who is out of work and could maybe offer to do the Worthing to Lakeside leg, for a lot less than a courier wants. It's outrageous and outweighs what the telly's worth, they want £139 plus vat from down here, although I have managed to get that down to £75 plus vat on an empty return journey coz she kindly put it around on their alert list, but even so, for Bev, that's a lot of money!

I've now asked Bev to write down the cost of what she intends to pay for her Sky set up, plus this transport, coz although I don't want anything for the tv itself, it's gonna cost HER the transport fee, and it could turn out it's just not worth it and she's not gaining much by having it anyways, except that it's a nice telly and it has freeview in it and HD ready, BUT, if she hasn't got the digital arial to take the freeview instead of Sky, then not a lot of point is there?

If we can somehow do it in legs, that's a different matter, she gets her telly free and only has to worry about the setting up! Good on you Pat!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
If you want to transport in legs, I'll take the Lakeside to Colchester leg - and bring you Milo's painting at the same time.
I don't suppose you're nearer to me than Bev are you Pat (Worthing, West Sussex area), coz I can get it sent to you perhaps and you can take it on up there like you've kindly offered with the painting?? Just heard back from Bev and she's sorted out all the finances for Sky and she would definitely like it, so somehow she's getting it!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Pat your an angel. I am still looking at couriers and it seems DHL if I am reading it right, have a flat rate on the weight anywhere in England. If thats the case then the distance won't matter but it just sounds too cheap to me.
Even if I can get it here you are still welcome here to visit anytime you know that, or I can meet you in Chelmsford anytime. Let me know when your ready and we will get together
Back to the tele, if it does work out easier to get it to yours, will it fit in your car ok? Its very kind of you to offer your help Thankyou and you know i will cover all your costs.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Sorry I can't help but what a lovely bunch you are!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 09:05 PM
H - Worthing to me is approx 80 miles, me to Bev is another 50.
I have a tall estate car Bev, so yes, any size tv will fit in it - even the mega big ones
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Just found this courier, he advertises on ebay as a flat rate of £50 anywhere in the country.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Croydon-Bookca...item3ca6c4585c

would he be worth trying if we can't get it from Worthing to Lakeside?

as to my costs, Bev.. none
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Thankyou Pat for offering to help, I'm not much help coz I'm too tied up at the moment with Zena being speyed on Monday, and having to take her into the vets on a daily basis to get her used to the place again and not terrified, so all in all, my hands are tied, and I explained this to Bev.

However, the really good news this morning is, Bev has now arranged that her son will drive her all the way down to me on Saturday, pick up my telly and away she goes, job done! Fantastic, she won't know herself with this gorgeous telly, coz I have the same model in my bedroom on the wall, and it gives me more pleasure giving it to somebody in need like her, than it would selling it in the local rag, but I'm kind of funny like that!!!! On top of that, she gets to meet ME and gorgeous Georgie and Zena, so Christmas has come early for our Bev!!! Thanks again for your very kind offer of help.xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes Thankyou Pat for your very kind offer of help, it was much appreciated and very good of you.
H I will never be able to thankyou enough for this gorgeous tele its like all my christmases have come at once and you will never know any of you just how much your kindness really means to me, there are no words to describe it and definetly no words good enough to thankyou.
I can't wait to meet you H and the gorgeous Georgie and Zena, I have always admired them in photos but now I get to meet them in the fur
Pat I can't wait to meet you either and see my lovely painting. Just let me know when you are ready and we will arrange it.
My goodness how lucky am I to have such good Dogsey friends. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart and I hope one day I can do something very special for you both too.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >