Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:24 AM

Cats are driving my dogs mad !!

It is really beginning to make me angry too, so much so if cats have the right to roam then we should have the right to cull ( now you all know I wouldn't hurt a fly )...
The street is like , for every household there is at least 2 cats, you can imagine the gauntlet I have to walk through every day, and apart from that they are scenting in my garden and sitting at the gate watching Inka and Toro, in the past Inka was intriuged by cats, now hes obsessed
I have spoke to some of the people with them and made them aware that if they are in my garden and Inka manages to catch one it will be they're responsobility, Inka has already pinned one to the fence, I got him off the cat and told they guy, his reaction was " oh well, never mind ", but I do mind, the cats are not my responsibility should my dogs be kept in while the cats roam my property and the surrounding area ? I don't think so !
I don't like Inka and Toro being so focused on them, but its getting harder and harder to control as they seem to be breeding like rabbits...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:28 AM
its a tough one, my lot are used to cats, but if cats come into the garden, then the dog goes to have a sniff and it runs, instinct can kick in and they will have a wee run after it,

my thoughts are.........if the dogs are out, the cats wont come in, your fences are very good quality so.... I think the dogs wont get out,

poss have a quick check before you let the dogs out?

we have a few cats round here but nothing like it is up your way
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2009, 11:32 AM
i hate to say it, but thats kind of life with pets in the neighbourhood, i spose

apply citrus around your fence line, and use a water pistol
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I can totally sympathise with this. I am fed up cleaning up other peoples cat poo from my front garden, sometimes I am very tempted to dump it in the owners gardens. Just does not seem right to me that cat owners have no responsibility for where their cats go and what they do.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Sadly sounds like you live around irresponsible people letting their cats keep on breeding

I ask my neighbours to squirt Oliver with water from a bottle or water gun, if he becomes a nuisance in their garden. I would much rather this, than him, being caught by a Dog. It normally only takes one squirt and he never returns
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by taniamiff View Post
I can totally sympathise with this. I am fed up cleaning up other peoples cat poo from my front garden, sometimes I am very tempted to dump it in the owners gardens. Just does not seem right to me that cat owners have no responsibility for where their cats go and what they do.
how could cat owners stop there cats being cats though? its not really possible.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I think cat responsibility is have them as house cats, they don't NEED to go out ! they have litter trays, like the heat, love to sleep during the day, nothing more comfy than they're own house in my opinion xx
Its very difficult up here now as with every quick check out the window before I open the door there is always some sitting around, tops of fences on the stairs in the bushes, they're bloomin everywhere...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
I think cat responsibility is have them as house cats, they don't NEED to go out ! they have litter trays, like the heat, love to sleep during the day, nothing more comfy than they're own house in my opinion xx
Its very difficult up here now as with every quick check out the window before I open the door there is always some sitting around, tops of fences on the stairs in the bushes, they're bloomin everywhere...
I guess thats ok for some cats, but kobie would rather die than be kept indoors, all the fun stuff is out there for him, hes a real little hunter, is it not unfair to expect them to live indoors, never climb trees,
its like saying a dog never needs out, it could learn to do the loo in a tray,

I think the problem up your way is, there are just so many, not only ones owned by people but you do have loads of ferral cats up there as well.
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
how could cat owners stop there cats being cats though? its not really possible.
I don't know, it just really annoys me lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by taniamiff View Post
I don't know, it just really annoys me lol
on the bright side, at least cats dont bark when they are out there.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »