Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:15 AM

I feel terrible...

I just dropped jake off to get neutered… I feel terrible. I think he sensed all morning something different was happening today. He was really quiet and followed me EVERYWHERE all morning. He was very reluctant to get in the car, which he usually loves as he always ends up somewhere nice at the other end. But today, he didn’t want to get in it and then when we were driving he just lay down quietly, he is normally peering out the window at everything. Once we got there he enjoyed having a good sniff with the other dogs in the waiting room, and met a wee cat lol . He liked all the people that worked there but when it came to leaving i couldn’t stand it. I tried to not make it a big deal, but he looked at me completely confused and lost and once I was out of sight I could hear him whining… made me really want to cry. The woman also made me feel terrible telling me how there are risks involved and made me sign a consent form that was saying that sometimes serious problems can occur! I feel awful and I want to go pick him up already. Roll on 1 when I can call and find out how he is. Hopefully be picking him up at half 2, cant wait to get my boy back. Im hoping it all goes well… fingers crossed.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:28 AM
I feel for you as it is not nice having to leave your dog at the vet for whatever reason. Jake obviously picked up on your vibes and knew there was something up but got to the vet and thought oh I have been here before.
They tell you the worst case senario it is small percentage but it safe guards them from if it does happen and the owner doesn't know it can get very out of hand.
Everything will be okay and Jake will be home before night fall, he may not feel great and be sleepy, but in the days to follow he will pick up and will learn how to use it to get extra special treatments
Try not to worry too much (yes easy for me to say).
Sending you positive vibes
Emma
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Hugs hun....I am sure he will be fine. If anything like our Bruce, tomorrow he will be back to himself
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Aww it's horrible isn't, and 1 o'clock seems so far away!
I'm sure he will be fine and you are doing the right thing. Hope the morning doesn't take to long to pass for you.

Hugs

Ali xx
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:38 AM
It's totally natural, leaving your companion at the vets for any reason will feel horrible and no doubt that's what Jake picked up on.

He'll be fine, don't worry. Hugs though, coz I know how you feel.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
I feel for you as it is not nice having to leave your dog at the vet for whatever reason. Jake obviously picked up on your vibes and knew there was something up but got to the vet and thought oh I have been here before.
They tell you the worst case senario it is small percentage but it safe guards them from if it does happen and the owner doesn't know it can get very out of hand.
Everything will be okay and Jake will be home before night fall, he may not feel great and be sleepy, but in the days to follow he will pick up and will learn how to use it to get extra special treatments
Try not to worry too much (yes easy for me to say).
Sending you positive vibes
Emma
thanks, im sure everying will be ok... im telling myself that anyway. i hate to think what i would be like if this was something really serious, i seriously wouldnt cope with that lol. im going to the shop soon to get him lots of his favourite things and new toys lol. he will be a very spoilt boy! and he will be allowed on the bed that will be a wee treat for him (even though he alway chances it and comes up anyway )

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hugs hun....I am sure he will be fine. If anything like our Bruce, tomorrow he will be back to himself
thanks, i hope he is lol. i think he will be like bruce, he has that type of personality. nothing really fazes him, he seems to have the attitude to just face whatever he comes across positively. he is my wee trooper

Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Aww it's horrible isn't, and 1 o'clock seems so far away!
I'm sure he will be fine and you are doing the right thing. Hope the morning doesn't take to long to pass for you.

Hugs

Ali xx
it definitely does seem far away! the time is going soooo slowly lol. cant wait till one, going to go up to the shops soon to get him lots of special things to spoil him , hoping that will pass the time faster.

Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
It's totally natural, leaving your companion at the vets for any reason will feel horrible and no doubt that's what Jake picked up on.

He'll be fine, don't worry. Hugs though, coz I know how you feel.
thanks, i think he did pick up on that. he is very receptive to things, especially with me... cant wait to get him back
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:38 AM
awww , he'll be fine hun
I know what you are going through though cos I felt the same way when my Toffee was done ... & I had to put up with my OH making jokes about him coming home barking falsetto

as I said, your boy will be ok ... probably love all the extra attention , lol
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi

I'm sure he will be fine and it's normal to feel guilty when you leave them. I can't settle whenever we have had to leave one behind and got mad cleaning the house to make the time go faster!

When we saw Robbie and Lady at the rescue centre, and agreed they were the ones for us, they were both spayed and neutered before we could pick them up so we felt doubly guilty for doing it to two dogs!

We picked them up three days after and Robbie was ok but Lady was still a bit tender and the rescue centre said to keep her quiet for two weeks afterwards to make sure her scar healed ok, but we think they forgot to tell Lady as she was charging round the garden and up and down the stairs after a few days with no problems.

Karen
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:30 PM
i HATE leaving them at my vets for anything, but they (esp Flynn)seem to love going!!!!!

A friend of mine recently had her GSD castrated & he came out with a disolcated pelvis ((((
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Hiya, he will be fine, he will be groggy today but come tomorrow he will be right as rain again.

I always remember collecting Maddy as she walked out into a room full of dogs and didn't bark once, best time ever.

In reading the time, perhaps you have him home already. x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >