View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2009, 02:57 PM

In Perthshire 12-19 Sept - Fancy a Walk!?

We are up in Scotland for our jollies from 12 September for a week. We're staying on the banks of Loch Tay.

Whilst we've got all sorts of other bits and pieces planned, was wondering if any of our Dogsey members in the area fancied meeting up for a walk? You'd have to suggest an area, as we don't know it that well!

nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
There's lots of areas up there and it's beautiful countryside, is it Kenmore or the Killin end of the loch ? there's quite a distance between them.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
There's lots of areas up there and it's beautiful countryside, is it Kenmore or the Killin end of the loch ? there's quite a distance between them.
We're right in the middle, at an estate called Craggantoul... just to be awkward!

Killin is (just about) the nearest place, however, we know Kenmore and Aberfeldy slightly better
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
I am off the 17th and 18th and we love that area, would depend on what OH was working and we wouldn't know that till nearer the date but he says if you wanted to make it in the afternoon theres a good chance we could make it. Aberfeldy has some nice walks around Mains of Taymouth or along the river (not sure about off lead) or even a run along the beach area? Ben still can't walk far but would be good to meet up if you are free
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
We're right in the middle, at an estate called Craggantoul... just to be awkward!

Killin is (just about) the nearest place, however, we know Kenmore and Aberfeldy slightly better
Er, . . north bank or south bank of the loch ? if it's the north side you must be below Ben Lawers visitors centre.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
If it's near side to me, I'd be up for it.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Er, . . north bank or south bank of the loch ? if it's the north side you must be below Ben Lawers visitors centre.
North Bank I think, Ben Lawers is behind us, though we've never been up it (OH was recovering from a broken foot last time we visited!)
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I know where you are. Craggantoul cottages are a couple of miles along the Loch from karen's mum and dad who live in Fearnan.

Not sure if we're up there over that period though.
carleyaves
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
ooh i know where this is (lol i have lived up here for 4 years and have little knowledge of anywhere!!!!) just over an hour from me. if you drive through kilmahog don't forget to stop off and see Hamish the highland coo. he is gorgeous! also touristy; at Loch Katrine there is a steam ship. ummm thats about my knowledge.... ooh good soup and cakes at the cafe at kilmahog.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Right, we're off tomorrow... Lynn and Nicola... you can contact me through Faceache if you're still up for a toddle around!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >