Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:34 AM

Raining Again!

It was beautiful at 6am this morning - not a cloud in the sky (Yes, there are two six o'clocks in the day ) Clouded over by 8 and now persisting it down again.

The gardens need it though. Managed to get to the allotment before the rain came and have asparagus, spinach, lettuce, beetroot and strawberries . Mmm mmm. Oh and rhubarb - nearly forgot that

On my own again (till early evening) Dinah still in season so it looks like an afternoon with the TV (Heineken Cup Final) and/or Dogweb. It could be a lot worse!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2005, 11:37 AM
we don't have rain yet - but it looks like it isn't far away - ooh and I love strawberries especially when they've been homegrown
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:40 AM
I just love bringing home all my booty! - Something very primaeval....you know how good and nurturing you feel when you put some lovely mel you've cooked on the table in front of your family? Factor in the fact that you've grown the stuff as well and you feel so..........good/smug/satisfied.

Any other veg/fruit gardeners out there?
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi ya. I'v got potatoes, carrots, parsnips, courgette, squash, peas, garlic, tomatoes and cancan lettuce. All sproating and looking good. Hoping to get some more varieties of lettuce also. Can't wait for them to be ready. Last year i had soooooo many courgettes/marrows. Couldn't give them away. Hehee
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Poor you, we had the rain all day yesterday, quite heavy at times too. They had a beer-walk in Uppermill (which they hold every year) I bet they got soaked although some of them were probably too drunk to care

Weather is okay today here - so far, got some sun but a few dark clouds hovering above so you never know
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh and it's not raining here yet.....was just about to go out to woods with Khera so it'l probably pour any minute now!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Its not too great here cloudy, never mind have a great day everyone what ever you are up to!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Vix
Hi ya. I'v got potatoes, carrots, parsnips, courgette, squash, peas, garlic, tomatoes and cancan lettuce. All sproating and looking good. Hoping to get some more varieties of lettuce also. Can't wait for them to be ready. Last year i had soooooo many courgettes/marrows. Couldn't give them away. Hehee
Hey - another gardener - great!

We'll compare notes as the summer progresses. I'm trying aubergines this year. If we don't get some more sunshine I can't imagine them doing very well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 12:05 PM
It was glorious down on the South coast at 7.30 am. when I went out with the dogs, but it was all cloudy by 9.00 am. and guaranteed it will rain very soon coz I've washed all the bedding and put it out on the line - sorry folks, it's my fault if it rains now!
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2005, 12:06 PM
OHHH i love aubergine. Partners mum is doing asparagus. She grows loads and has big allotment. She's been helping us and gave us the courgette plants. Being vege we eat loads of veg and salad so we save a fortune in the summer!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >