Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 03:30 PM

Police Dog Displays

Do any UK forces still do police dog displays for the public? I used to love watching these (and the PD trials) but haven't seen any since moving up North
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I think they are becoming less common.

They used to have police (and RAF) dogs at the tattoo, but just looked - they are not on the programme for this year
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 04:09 PM
They have inter-force competitions. They used to hold the final at the Brentwood show. Maybe contact your local police dog unit and ask?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Every other year we have a massive police open day at Winfrith head quarters in Dorset is an amazing day out really look forward to seeing the police dogs is a huge display.
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I have never seen one but would like too. I have been watching k9 cops on sky and it amazing how well trained these dogs are and the skills they have.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 06:37 AM
We had them at the first NESSR funday, when we tried to get them the following year,, northumbria police had stopped doing them on Health and Safety reasons
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I think they are becoming less common.
They used to have police (and RAF) dogs at the tattoo, but just looked - they are not on the programme for this year
That is a shame. The Scottish Regional PD Trials were held at Balmoral earlier this year ... if only I could have gone I will have to try and find out where they are next year.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
They have inter-force competitions. They used to hold the final at the Brentwood show. Maybe contact your local police dog unit and ask?
I used to regularly attend the PD trials held in the North of England, and always thoroughly enjoyed them.

Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Every other year we have a massive police open day at Winfrith head quarters in Dorset is an amazing day out really look forward to seeing the police dogs is a huge display.
Sounds good

Originally Posted by taniamiff View Post
I have never seen one but would like too. I have been watching k9 cops on sky and it amazing how well trained these dogs are and the skills they have.
I watch K9 Cops too - blooming amazing those US police dogs, aren't they? I adore Auggie.

Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
We had them at the first NESSR funday, when we tried to get them the following year,, northumbria police had stopped doing them on Health and Safety reasons
Sounds about right for the PC world we now live in
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Kirsty, look what I've just found....

Its not a display as such, but sounds interesting.

I'm thinking of going on saturday (if the forecast is good)...there's a companion dog show on the Saturday and lots of other things too.

http://www.callanderhighlandgames.co.uk/policedogs.htm
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Would love to see a PD display. There are so many country shows and various events like this on over the summer that I'd have thought it a really worthwhile display to include if it could be organised. It would be popular I'm sure.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Kirsty, look what I've just found....

Its not a display as such, but sounds interesting.

I'm thinking of going on saturday (if the forecast is good)...there's a companion dog show on the Saturday and lots of other things too.

http://www.callanderhighlandgames.co.uk/policedogs.htm

Ooh ooh sounds good - any room in your car for me and Yogi?