View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 08:44 AM

ipod/mobile phone type gadgets - what do they do???

Ok having seen Azzs post with Ipod to sell and Fudgeleys reply can someone help me. I had no idea an ipod gaveyou access to dogseyonthego what else can they do? I am looking for something that plays music, gives me access to Dogsey and FB. I would happily consider a phone type thing or as it now seems an ipod any advice anyone (preferably not the most expensive contraption in the world and 1 thats easy to use!!!
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-07-2009, 09:58 AM
An Ipod is an Ipod essentially just an mp3 (music) player, the IPhone is a phone, ipod, camera and has an inbuilt web browser. You can get the IPhone free on a 18 month contract with the top tarriff coming in at £40 per month and with that you will get an unlimited data plan which is important on the IPhone as you will spend a lot of time browsing the web as i am doing now writing this reply.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Itouch gives you internet access etc. It's the same as an iPhone without the phone
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Blackberry is another alternative. I know some people don't like the touch screen and prefer to have a qwerty keyboard for internet access.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 09:52 PM
The I touch will store and play music, play games give you all sorts of other applications and can connect to the internet if you are on a network. As it accesses the internet you can obviously play i player etc. I had one of these prior to the i phone and lobved it to pieces. It does not however have a camera.

The i phone adds a phone to the mix and also a basic camera.I have one that is not on contract so if you want to know more about this drop me a line!

then there are others such as the blackberry.

I would go to an apple shop if you can and ask for a demo or check them out on the apple store.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 10:37 PM
I have a Nokia 5800 (phone), and I can put music/movies on it.
I can also browse the internet, as it has a full browser. It is a touch screen, and there are different options for using the keyboard - you can hand write, qwerty, or same layout as a normal mobile.
It's got a large screen too, which is good for movies/internet, and the screen changes if you put the phone on it's side.
I can take pics with the camera (v. good quality....the pics I posted today were taken on it), and then upload them using flickr, or [a social network], or connect the phone to my laptop and do it that way.

I much prefer it to me OH's iphone!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 12:02 PM
im baffled by it all

i have aphone, a cd player.. yes my phones about 5 years old... it works im happy... why change ?