Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 07:58 AM

We've had a walk with Stan the staff

This morning on the walk with Missy, who do we meet but Stan the staff and his owner going for a walk!
Stan is the very dog friendly staff and his owner was the one who spent 15 minutes with us before, trying to get Missy over her fear of staffy dogs.

The dogs both sniffed their hellos - and then Missy barked in Stan's face They both carried on wagging tails at each other though.

So we went for a walk together down the tree lined avenue, we had both dogs on loose lead ( both 6 footers) and we walked together. Both dogs started off to heel then they both edged their way up the front

They were walking side by side and every now and then they sniffed and touched noses but carried on walking and wagging.

And every now and then Missy had to touch Stan's nose and bark in his face! He didn't react bless him, just carried on walking and wagging.

Stan's owner and I were both laughing - because we were trying to fathom out why she was barking every now and then - its not an aggressive bark, nor a fearful one - almost like a bark just because she can.

Stan's owner reckoned she was just a normal girl, liked the sound of her own voice
I was just pleased she wasn't getting any adverse reactions to what I can see might upset some dogs

Anyways, wanted to tell you all about Stan and his owner - just about the nicest owner and staff we've ever met
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a good walk, glad the wee one enjoyed herself, see its the owners not the breed , big thumbs up to Stan the Staff xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 09:35 AM
brilliant!! so pleased it went well, I bet she really quite likes stan now....in her own little way x
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Glad it went well, hopefully you can keep it up and get Missy over her fear.
Becky
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 09:42 AM
It is so nice to read this, well done Stan and well done Missy
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi,

Well done to Stsn and Missy! And of course to you and Stan's owner too.

It's really nice to go for a walk and find you meet others who are like minded and care not just about themselves, but their own dogs and others' dogs too.

I hope Missy and Stan can be friends for life, and if she's anything like my MIL, she definitely likes to hear her own voice

Laura xx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Sounds like you had a great time
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Thats great news, and so nice to hear of other owners that take the time to help when you have a nervous dog.

Leon met a new friend yesterday...a cross between a jack russel and a poodle, he was a sweet little bouncy boy but was very gentle with Leon and they ended up bouncing around the field together, so good to watch.

Well done Missy for being so brave, and well done to Stan for being such a lovely boy
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Aww, how sweet

As it wasn't an aggressive bark, do you think Missy could've been trying to instigate play with her barking in his face?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Awww....what a lovely storyxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >