Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-06-2009, 04:59 PM

imac, anyone

Have any of you good people got an imac, having a few teething problems. Just wandering if and what problems you had. This is my first mac so struggling a little.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Jimmy,

I sit here typing this on my iMac and have had Macs virtually from the start, and Mac support used to be my job but I'm pants if I can't sit at the machine in question.

Anyway, what's up?

J
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi J, having trouble with getting my printer up and running, its asking for a driver. So went and down loaded a driver but it still dose not recognize it. I am trying to get the partition up and running also but need to download and print off the installing sheet. Phoned up support about the partition but said they cant do anything.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Is it an old printer you are trying to connect to a new mac? When we upgraded our Mac we downloaded the latest version of the our printer's driver from the Epsom website only to discover that it didn't support the latest Mac OS and Epson had no plans to provide a new driver for an old printer. We ended up buying a new printer! The OH (who still does Mac support) suggested you could try installing the driver without the printer plugged in as it will sometimes try to run a set up itself.

When you format the hard drive it should give you the option to partition it, there should be no more to setting it up than that?

Sorry if that's no help and good luck, I'm sure you'll get there!

J
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks J i am trying that now