Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 05:54 PM

The fair weather walkers...

were out in force today!

One of the normally empty (and I mean empty) parks I often go to was packed today full of numpties and their uncontrollable dogs. Needless to say, the walk wasn't very enjoyable as a result. Note to self: walk dog in the future before the fair weather numpties come out to play.
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2009, 06:01 PM
We just got back from the beach and it was the same.

Not helped that someone had gotten their 4x4 stuck in the sea as the tide came in.

Thought it would be better since we left the proper walk so late
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Same here, the number of people I saw today with their mobile phones stuck to their ears as they are walking their dogs.........grrrrrrr (pet hate)!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
We just got back from the beach and it was the same.

Not helped that someone had gotten their 4x4 stuck in the sea as the tide came in.

Thought it would be better since we left the proper walk so late
Yeah. I thought that the fair weather people would have packed up and bogged off by 6pm, but I guess not.

The only advantage of winter: you only meet the 'proper' dog walkers.
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Yep i prefer the winter and sometimes i wake up and just wish it would rain or be cold as our park becomes full of people sunbathing in the nice weather. Not going to complain though it was so lovley at the park today we took a picnic also but yep there where hundreds of people with dogs ive never seen.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:27 PM
If you are prepared to walk a couple of miles from the car park you will find the fair weather walkers don't get that far. I walked mine for our usual 2 hours, but the first and last 20 minutes were heaving with sunburnt, overweight people with their overweight dogs.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:35 PM
This is why I prefer the colder months ... my two have a far better time out then cos theres no-one around to spoil their fun
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
If you are prepared to walk a couple of miles from the car park you will find the fair weather walkers don't get that far. I walked mine for our usual 2 hours, but the first and last 20 minutes were heaving with sunburnt, overweight people with their overweight dogs.
how true is this! lol

I was just thinking today about the good weather bringing out loads of out of control owners. I think 'Fair weather walkers' is such a good name for this!
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Agree with all comments-never see anyone,except the regular dog-walkers who come out whatever the weather. And then the sun shines and it seems that the whole world invades my territory! I don't blame people for enjoying the weekend, especially after working all week, but it does get on my wazz when some have picnics and leave their rubbish and unwanted food lying around. Why can't they just clear up after themselves and put it in the bin or take it home with them! Think the sun's gone to my head because I sound like a 'Grumpy Old Woman'. Then again maybe I am !!!!!!!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Merz View Post
Agree with all comments-never see anyone,except the regular dog-walkers who come out whatever the weather. And then the sun shines and it seems that the whole world invades my territory! I don't blame people for enjoying the weekend, especially after working all week, but it does get on my wazz when some have picnics and leave their rubbish and unwanted food lying around. Why can't they just clear up after themselves and put it in the bin or take it home with them! Think the sun's gone to my head because I sound like a 'Grumpy Old Woman'. Then again maybe I am !!!!!!!!!
You reminded me...

Last summer I was walking my dog with a friend and her dog and we had a delightful picnic-er in the park (fair weather, of course!) rudely inform us that "Those dogs should be on leads!", as our two ran past them. Didn't make any contact or approach them; they just ran by. Yup; we walk our well behaved dogs in the park year round but how dare they run around, minding their own business, when the fair weather peeps are out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >