Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:46 PM

My first tattoo!!!!!!

Got it on Wednesday at No Regrets in Newton Aycliffe (tattoo artist is called Glen). I didn't hurt at all really and have had no bother with it. I'm planning on getting a lotus flower encircling the Om symbol.

Om is the sound of the universe. It means being at one with the universe.

The writing on the tshirt says "Jamie Oliver gets on my tits" just in case you were wondering!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:57 PM
oooer your so brave, love the colour, x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks! I have quite a few more planned. It didn't hurt really, just as much as a leg wax. The first line actually tickled
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Be warned, Sarah, the tops of the arms are relatively painless. The more flesh, the less pain. Nearer the bone (ankle etc) can be very painful.

Lovely tattoo
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Lovely tattoo Well Done x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice one, they are so addictive. I have found myself thinking of my next one while the tattooist is still working
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:54 PM
My daughter got one done last week whilst I was away, a star on her wrist - The bad news is - she is 15!! I am bloody fuming!! (with her and the shop)she wasn't even asked for ID let alone parent consent. I'm paying them a visit next week & am going to report them.
She wants to be a tattoo artist when she grows up (although that's a long way off obviously) I'm pleading with her to think of how permanent they are.
I'm sure you have thought long & hard about getting yours done - just wish my daughter would wait until she is "grown up" as I feel she may regret it.
I'm not against them - even considered one myself when I was younger but the thing that put me off was still having it when I'm an old biddy - I don't think I'd be happy with it then!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Be warned, Sarah, the tops of the arms are relatively painless. The more flesh, the less pain. Nearer the bone (ankle etc) can be very painful.

Lovely tattoo
Thanks Vicki. Yeah I read that about ankles. Can't be more painful than having a bolt (which has been inserted through the skull) and a wire (which has been inserted into the ventricle of the brain) pulled out with any anaesthetic, then stitched up (also without anaesthetic)

TBH That's why I went for the top of the arm cos it would hurt the least

I'm planning on one at the top of my back which will hurt more than the one on my arm.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Tillymint - yes I would report the shop too. The tatooist sounds like he/she is in it only for hte money (unless your daughter looks old for her age?).

I've thought about it for three years before I got it done. And I'm 29 so waited until I was old
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Another word of warning......

...you can never have just one!

*I have six!*
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »