register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How many of us actually religously pick up after our dogs ?
Always pick up 62 65.96%
Only pick up formed pooh 4 4.26%
Leave it in over grown areas 28 29.79%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Who picks up their dogs pooh religously

After an experience with dog wardens,( I will never forget ), I always pick up after my dogs even if its the runs they have...Has anyone else suffered at the hands of the dog wardens ? And are you religious about picking up Pooh ?

Regards the wardens...
Up here my Suki was ill, had the runs, up near the wall to the woods, not in a public path, area...just as she finished a van passed oh, reversed back and said did he realise allowing the dog to foul was an offence, oh tried to explain the wee one was ill and he wouldn't have been able to pick it up any way, they insisted he gave his address for the fine, of course oh said mickey mouse, walt disney ...Well ! they tried to follow him, but lost him, 3/4 days later 2 wardens and a policeman came to the door, ranted thats the dog ! I asked what was supposed to have happened, they went on about the fouling, again I tried to explain how unwell she'd been and where she had fowled wasn't on a public pathway or anything, then the polis started lecturing about it, so I then said, right thats 3 warnings about dog fouling I get the message it won't happen again ect ect, we always picked her pooh up anyways...nope, that wasn't enough, they then said they would pursue my husband at his business if I didn't give details, well I never, and guess what, they were stood at the back of the que, waiting on hubby opening his shop for business and fined him in front of everyone
I tried writing to the council but my appeal was dropped on the grounds that dog fouling is an offence !
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:19 AM
that is taking this piss, to fine him in front of everyone.. though saying that, i always pick up no matter the consistency
odenna
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:23 AM
i always do i have poo bags (empty ones ) everywhere lol

jo
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Similar to you Elaine really....

I've been pulled up by a PCSO, who had seen Max have a poo, see me walk over to the poo and then walk off. They hurriedly cycled over and gave me a dressing down about not picking it up.

I then walked him over to the long grass where Max has poo-d, which was off a footpath on a slope that no-one walks on; and pointed out Max's poo.

It was typical Boxer-bum - almost 100% brown liquid, and in Max's own style, spread out in a circle. It was all over the long grass and on the ground in between the grass. It was pretty revolting actually!

I offered the PCSO a poo-bag, as I do carry them and said that if he could pick it up, I'd deposit it in the nearest poo bin (1 mile away from where we were). He conceeded that I couldn't possibly pick it up, and that it was ok and he would 'let me off'!!

Unless the boys deposit something as described above, I will always endeavour to pick it up as much as possible, but unless I carry a bucket of water with me, I've got no chance!!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

We always did too, it was one of those bloomin days when Suki had had her morning walk but right at the end on the way out the woods she had the runs, I don't blame oh not picking it up, I understand some folk find it hard enough looking at the stuff without trying to pick up something that looked like its came out of a rotten slime ball.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2009, 09:24 AM
We don't have a dog warden.
I do pick up every time, when we are walking on grass, etc. although they usually wait until they get in the woods and go in the undergrowth. Except Syd who always goes right in the middle of the path, but at least thats easy to pick up.
None of mine have ever gone on the pavements etc. Although if any of them are unwell I tend to put the walk off until they have finished squitting for the day. I'd rather clean up at home than risk them doing it somewhere embarassing tbh.
Our pavements and grass verges are relatively poop free too so most people must be picking up around here.
Although the big open grass area where we walk before we get into the woods is littered with uncollected poop which is just nasty, there are ample bins. People picnic on that there too.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:27 AM
You just made me remember too IC there is no doggie pooh bins in the area oh was either as I had included in my letter to the council...
When I first got Inka and Kain I always forgot I had pooh in my pockets because of the lack of bins...my Emma used to go nuts at the smell in the cloakroom lol
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:27 AM
The first option for me.

Even when one of my dogs went through a time of having loose stools last year, I carried a bottle of water and disinfectant mixture to pour over the area after I did my best to clean it up, if she decided she had to go!
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I must say i do pick Sasha's up no matter what or where . . . . I believe it is part and parcel of committing yourself to having a dog.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:30 AM
We're not as lucky as you Trouble, there is dog pooh every where, my next door nieghbour, with 2 small children and a collie which she hates, has reported dog pooh several times to the council in our area, but she just lets her dog out and she poohs in the grass in front of our houses...her kids do rolly pollys down that verge !
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »