View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Teddy with a mechanical heartbeat/flights...

Hi all,

I'm planning on taking a teddy bear to London as pressie for someone. It has a little mechanical heartbeat inside it's chest, which I presume is battery (of some description)operated and switches on when pressed. My case will be going in the hold of the plane as I'll be taking sprays etc.

My question is, would this be okay to pack in my case that's going in the hold? Or will I have to declare it? I don't want him confiscated!

Should I email the airline company? Or just leave it be and pack the bear accordingly in the hope his heart doesn't beat?!

Any thoughts and opinions welcome, please, as I'm really unsure, as are those I've spoken to! Though the general consensus is that it'll be fine as childrens toys such as my bear are packed in cases and travelled all the time!

Thanks.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Can you remove the batteries? If you can then I can't see a problem at all and even if you can't I doubt there is any restriction on toys going in a suitcase. JMO.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Harvey, no, I can't remove the batteries. The heart has been sewn in to the bear! I'm hoping it'll be okay! It'll be security screened anyway, so hopefully everything will be fine!