Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-05-2009, 09:39 PM

Sylvie, 6 year old Lurcher needs home!

Sylvie, 6 year old Lurcher needs home!

History: Sylvie has come into rescue after being abandoned in kennels by her owner who had nowhere for her dogs to go. Sylvie has been in this homeless position for most of her life living in makeshift temporary accommodation whether it be in kennels, stables or old cars. Always with the 5 litter brothers and sisters plus other pack members.

Salient points: Beautifully natured dog who needs dog confident owner(s) for her to develop skills and re-acquaint herself with domestic life, regime and noise/activity levels. Secure garden and companionship of another confident dog would help.

Advert: Sylvie is a medium sized dog who mimics a Bedlington Whippet/Lurcher type. She is sensitive by nature and delights in human attention. She is also nervous of fast movements and loud noises which she can't place or understand. Sylvie needs a therapy programme to gradually introduce her to domestic activity, traffic and enjoying walks outside. She is a delight in the car, sitting bolt upright and taking in the moving scenery as if watching a movie. She loves to be brushed and stroked. She mixes with dogs well and this is infact her comfort zone having lived all her life with her 'pack'.

Sylvie has a sweet energy. She is very respectful and has shown she has housetraining in an aware and understanding home. Sylvie could be an only dog or she could share with another. She will take some while before being trusted off lead, more in the sense she could easily get spooked by a sudden loud noise or someone making too direct an approach towards her in the early settlement days. Bonding with recall would need to be regularly practiced within the garden or via an extender lead outside. Sylvie has a sweet vibration who needs a patient family to go very slowly in building her trust and skills ... oh, but what a lovely dog. Such a delight to help her find her family. Currently in kennels in Croydon Surrey.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:58 AM
She is so lovely, pity she isn't closer I'd foster her in a flash.

I hope you find the home thats needed for her, fingers xxxxxx
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I live in Thornton Heath not far from Croydon and have Whippet x Bedlington bitch amongst my canine family.I just wondered how Sylvie is getting on,if she is still on your books? She looks like a sweetie.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi there

I have just sent a message to find out the currently status on Sylvie. I will come back to you very shortly.

Kind regards
Sharon
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 09:10 PM
She is gorgeous!!

Hope she has found the 'perfect' home!
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Have been waiting to hear back from you re "Sylvie".Has she been homed? I thought that I might be able to help with fostering her.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Sincere apologies. I checked and she went into foster with a view to homing and report coming back in are that she is being adopted.

One of her litter mates, Evie was reserved, but is now available though. She is currently in foster. I will e-mail you her thread now.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the update,as I said in my last msg,I was originally making contact to offer help with fostering Evie,as I have a Whippet x Bedlington of my own.Since initially contacting you I have taken in another foster dog,as I too run a rescue,for Borzoi. She is shortly going to her new home,but feel at the moment it would not be right to take in another little one that needs my full attention. Hope that Evie gets her forever home soon.If I can help at sometime with transport,I have a van fitted out with cages,I have my own grooming business.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Hope that Evie gets her forever home soon.If I can help at sometime with transport,I have a van fitted out with cages,I have my own grooming business.
That's a wonderful offer. Can you please complete our Transport Volunteer Forum on our forum and send it back to us? Much appreciated.

Kind regards
Sharon
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Sylvie went off to a new home and got a new name too, she is now Sadie. Sadie's adoption papers received...she is signed, sealed and already delivered. Having a lovely life!
Closed Thread