Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 04:38 PM

Poo on path !!

My lovely woodland path that took me two weekends to make is being pood on by Bruno

Any ideas to make him stop or deter him from doing it - its bark chips and he appears to have taken a fancy to depositing stuff on them.....and you dont see it until you stand in it.....yuk.

Other than training him NOT to poop here is there any sprays/plants/treatment I can put down on the path to stop him going there>??

he has a lawn, mud and massive area to go but he chooses the new path although I suspect he may be marking as am sure one of them is a fox poo- so may be why he has started doing it...

any ideas would be most appreciated before I go and buy one of those bag things that attach to their butt that someone posted a link to recently LOL LOL
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 05:18 PM
ooer good luck, I had some bark out the back, the dogs loved using it as a loo, I gave up in the end, I have very little left now as I have lifted most of it with the poo I take off it daily,

you could try adding a few large bolders for a wee while, make more tricky for him to get a comfy squat spot.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Wish I had an answer. Mine loves crapping on our slate tiles in our outdoor seating area!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
ooer good luck, I had some bark out the back, the dogs loved using it as a loo, I gave up in the end, I have very little left now as I have lifted most of it with the poo I take off it daily,

you could try adding a few large bolders for a wee while, make more tricky for him to get a comfy squat spot.
AARRGGHH that was not the answer I wanted Shona !! I just put it all down, and it aint coming back up again !! Little b**ger he is - will have to put him on lead and take him out so as not to allow him to poop on it if thats the case.. he has the whole rest of the garden !!!! silly dog...

thanks for the response though !!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Wish I had an answer. Mine loves crapping on our slate tiles in our outdoor seating area!
NOOOOOOOOOO we are putting slate down at the end of our decking !! so I am basically just providing new toilet space for my mutt !!!!

i swear I am closer to buying one of those butt bags then !!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 05:50 PM
LOL sorry but it is a funny thread !
Have no idea, as Shona said they do love a bit of bark to cr*p on!!!
Good luck hun xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
LOL sorry but it is a funny thread !
Have no idea, as Shona said they do love a bit of bark to cr*p on!!!
Good luck hun xx
nnnoooo.....

Ok - have had a look online and am going to order the get off crystals and see if that works - but will end up needing a huge supply as am going to have to sprinkle on the flaming path and the slate !!!

really no point in doing my garden up if some horrid dog is going to vandalise it !! maybe will have to get rid of Bruno only joking,.,....butt bag here we come ...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO we are putting slate down at the end of our decking !! so I am basically just providing new toilet space for my mutt !!!!
Pretty much.

I think the thing with my boy is that he doesn't like getting his feet wet. Yeah, work that one out; a Lab who loves to swim but would rather not let his feetsies touch the wet grass if at all possible. So, he craps on the slate instead.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Our puppy toilet is working a treat!! Can you try this?

Granted it's been a long slug to train him but now he knows to go there and only there and it's tucked behind a fence where no one can see it. We used the gravel from the old garden where he used to go so maybe you could fill one with bark chips?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Our puppy toilet is working a treat!! Can you try this?

Granted it's been a long slug to train him but now he knows to go there and only there and it's tucked behind a fence where no one can see it. We used the gravel from the old garden where he used to go so maybe you could fill one with bark chips?
its not a bad idea, I suppose I could try making him a wee barked area in his section and then putting the get off crystals all over my path. Honestly he is such a wee git because he used to just go on the lawn and we had mud and dirt all over the rest of the garden so he went on the lawn and now we have the bark and the path and thats where he wants to poop and the lawn in clear !!!!

it looks good - 3 guesses what I am building this weekend !!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >