Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Oscar's riding lessons (picture heavy)

Hi All,

My 4 year old Son, Oscar has started (formal) riding lessons. He's been on and off horses since his 4th birethday last August but last Saturday I arranged for him to start having proper lessons.

Unfortunately he has to be forced to see his father every second weekend so I can only take him once per fortnight when he's at school. So I decided throughout the Easter holiday I'd arrange some private lessons during the week days for him to give him a bit of a kick start.

He's come on in leaps and bounds andthe trainers are VERY pleased with his progress.

Here are some photos of him riding his favourite horse, Star.

Hope you like them.

Laura xx

PS - Sorry if they're a bit blurred in places. I took them with my phone (no lead for the camera) and obviouslt the horse was moving most of the time.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 04:18 PM
looks like a rider in the making....love the one where he has stopped to have a drink
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Most of those were taken today including the one where he had to have a drink. It's not as though he'd worked hard at that point - he'd only just got on the horse!!

Laura xx
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Awww, too cute!! Lovely photos, looks like he had a fab time! Pony looks a sweetie too

I used to do some teaching a few years ago, i always loved teaching the kids who were just starting out, i found it SO rewarding! I hope he carries on with the lessons
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 04:03 PM
brilliant pics!!!!!

loved the pic of him having a drink break !!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Yep, can definitely see a top show jumper in the making there, especially as he likes a drink, coz they all like a drink those showjumpers!!!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:37 PM
LOL - I thought jockeys and showjumpers alike had to be slim. He's absolutely solid and weighs nearly 4 1/2 stone. He's not fat, just incredibly heavy for his age so unless I stop feeding him, I reckon he'll end up having to ride a shire horse when he's older. The others won't be able to take his weight on their backs - they won't be able to move!!

He was feeding polo mints to Star today.

I think he sneaked in a couple of choccy buttons too.

I think these 2 pictures were the best from today though. Far clearer for some reason.

If anyone's ever thought of riding and not done it before, no matter how old you are - I'd recommend it. Oscar can't get enough of it.

Laura xx