View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 12:17 PM

It`s Half term, the sun`s out...so many training opportunities.

Today we learned..
not to react when a fairweather walker`s GR leapt all over Shamus who was rigid with worry as the owner hurled abuse/
Not to react when two small girls jumped at my dogs and squealed like stuck pigs in their face
not to react when a man racing his son down the hill charged shouting full pelt at us.
Daisy is full of sossidge and my nerves are bad. Shamus has the dire rear and I`m getting up at 7 tomorrow for our walk.

did you train today?
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Aaah....half term......not having kids myself I wondered what they were all doing out of school .

Luckily we seemed to have the playing field to ourselves so Mags still got a really good run around without being pestered!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 01:37 PM
And here we wish it wasn't half term......as we learnt. When Mommy said No to the football game in the park meant No (even though FS was saying go and get it)

To take no notice of the tormenting FS with his scrambled egg on toast.....even though it waved about under thier noses.

Not to chase the chickens (after FS) forgot to close the gate behind him....even though the urge to herd was HUGE

and not to chase FS upstairs....even though he kept yelling at them to do so.

Not bad eh!!!!! well FS has now gone on contact, 3 dogs are fast asleep and in a few moments Mommy is off to the Allotments
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Ah, half-term... I love it!!

We saw NO-ONE on our walk this morning!! I suspect that they'll all be out when I'm at work with their screechy children and badly behaved dogs

All the regular early walkers have disappeared this week, so I'm assuming they have kids. It was bliss on the beach path this morning - long may it continue!
Ceefer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I have to say that as the mother of four young children I actually like school holidays but I can totally see where non-parents are coming from. And yes I agree that there are the fair weather walkers who only come out when the sun does and then frown and hurl abuse at the rest of us who use the park/woods/beach (delete as applicable) all year round when they are all tucked up in their cosy houses watching the wind,rain, and snow that we are trudging in!!! These were the ones that wind me up.

We are semi lucky at the moment tho in that Sully is too little to go for long walks yet. Being only 11 weeks he is pretty much pooped after 10 mins!!! We have learned today tho that when Sully has his mad half hours that it is best to place all children high off the floor!!

We also learned today - very proudly I must add- that we can do our training admid the distraction of these children who I think appear to Sully as giant toys on legs!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Took my two boys to local playing field and they played football while i walked dog round field about 10 times. No-one about and hey my kids didn't get covered in dog poop ! yay
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:18 PM
My two children were dropped off at grandmas which is near our enclosed field that I take the dogs too. After a good run around playing ball/chase I picked the boys up and came home. When hubby came home I took the dogs out for another walk.
Tomorrow I am getting up at 6.30 to walk the dogs. As I have tons to do tomorrow will never get it all done otherwise.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Why are parents so paranoid? I`m not getting at kids. After all, it isn`t the childrens fault they don`t know how to behave round animals?
Anyway - off to bed now so I can get down the beach early
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Not being paranoid it just gets me when people think dogs are more entitled to be on a playing field than kids, isn't that why its called a PLAYING field !!! if you don't want kids around screaming like stuck pigs walk your dogs somewhere else !
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Not being paranoid it just gets me when people think dogs are more entitled to be on a playing field than kids, isn't that why its called a PLAYING field !!! if you don't want kids around screaming like stuck pigs walk your dogs somewhere else !
Kid's playing on a playing field. Imagine that.