Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 06:31 AM

Great start to the day!

Just taken the dogs for a walk and it was a good one, apart from the end, the cows were in the field I wanted in, so me and the dogs went another way, we met a couple of labs, who got Honey nervous as they were really barking the other side of the hedge, and then came running round ignoring their owners, and its like great, Honey was offlead, but from when they started making her nervous with the barking I didn't want to just grab her collar, but she was near me, fornatly though when they got close they were the most submissive labs ever so all was fine, however when we were coming out of the little track I saw a woman get out of her car, when we were about fifteen feet away she opened her boot up and two show type Labs came running out, big things, and the woman starts screaming 'be nice, sorry I didn't see you, be nice!' then came over and explained that the chocolate doesn't like males , didn't put him on lead but did say thank God, that the dog didn't attack Diesel , and even with the fact that she knew her dog didn't like other males and I had one didn't bother getting any lead anywhere near the dog, but even though she seemed to want a convo I just wasn't gonna stand around in that position with my dogs, but what a great start to the day.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Probably a case of "Oh sod is he going to kick off? No he's fine, phew"?

I started the day with a three legged dog I had to carry upstairs. Seems fine now though. Did remove a small prickle from his foot which didn't alter his three leggedness so maybe he had cramp. Bugged off into the undergrowth in search of rabbits yesterday so he might have been a bit stiff first thing.

Or he could be a big girls blouse.

(Sorry - off topic - Just another dog related non brilliant day start.)
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Bless him tbh it just annoyed me really, its like why make my dog the experiment to see whether your dogs fine, I know that we can all be a bit slow in the morning, but letting out a dog that you know is aggressive out of the car without really looking around first, as I was so close there was no excuse not to see accident waiting to happen, and show type Labs aren't exactly small things either.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 12:34 PM
seems like one of those days, I've just posted a thread about a walk I had this morning... glad everything was ok but it doesn't bare thinking about what could have happened does it, hope you've calmed down now and fingers crossed for a better walk later on