Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 03:30 PM

Local rescue shut down at last!!

At last a local rescue to me has been shut down! Conditions were appalling there and at one point we managed to get some improvements, but it slipped again, resulting in this. I feel sorry for the dogs put down, but relieved for the others.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/t...name_page.html
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Never been there myself. Very sad all round really, sounds as though the police etc were a little heavy handed???

Run free Diesel, Stocking and Clarke I hope you are all in a better place where you won't be let down again!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Never been there myself. Very sad all round really, sounds as though the police etc were a little heavy handed???

Run free Diesel, Stocking and Clarke I hope you are all in a better place where you won't be let down again!
It needed the Police though, as nobody else did anything, and of course a warrant is required for animals to be removed and a place "raided" RSPCA have no legal standing, they cannot barge in, only the Police can.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 08:38 PM
quote from comments under article
This is another publicity stunt by the RSPCA to increase their failing public and financial support. And 3 dogs lost their lives in the RSPCA pathetic power seeking struggles.
i wonder how the dogs were euthanised it said it was by a vet but i have my suspicions on that one
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Im told the dogs were not ill but "unhandlable" although there was at least one person able to manage them. I expect that person would of assisted them. Hope so anyway.

To be fair the RSPCA had tried in the past, they were always just the right side of the law to avoid action.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2010, 08:54 PM
They don't look particularly unhandlable on the other website they are featured on! Difficult to say when you are not there but the comments after the article are not at all favourable.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
They don't look particularly unhandlable on the other website they are featured on! Difficult to say when you are not there but the comments after the article are not at all favourable.
Well I have seen the place and it NEEDED to be closed down, absolutely, definitely, without doubt. What sort of a home do you think such dogs would get? How long must they endure those conditions?

The last time I went there was a GSD in FILTHY, wringing wet conditions, it was so far out of its brain it was disgusting. He spent the entire time walking in circles pushing a metal bowl round, he was completely oblivious to his surroundings.

The kennels stunk, they were full of urine and feaces, they had sodden newspaper pressed up the sides of the kennels where the dogs were displaying repetitive behaviours and bouncing and pacing side to side. It was so cold that that newspaper was FROZEN to the floor in some kennels and the dogs had plastic beds and NO bedding, let alone any source of heating, the place is a disgrace! It lost its boarding licence and I am delighted that its been closed down.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well I have seen the place and it NEEDED to be closed down, absolutely, definitely, without doubt. What sort of a home do you think such dogs would get? How long must they endure those conditions?

The last time I went there was a GSD in FILTHY, wringing wet conditions, it was so far out of its brain it was disgusting. He spent the entire time walking in circles pushing a metal bowl round, he was completely oblivious to his surroundings.

The kennels stunk, they were full of urine and feaces, they had sodden newspaper pressed up the sides of the kennels where the dogs were displaying repetitive behaviours and bouncing and pacing side to side. It was so cold that that newspaper was FROZEN to the floor in some kennels and the dogs had plastic beds and NO bedding, let alone any source of heating, the place is a disgrace! It lost its boarding licence and I am delighted that its been closed down.
Like I said I had not seen it for myself and can only go by those who have. If it is nearly as bad as you say then closing it down is the right thing to do. No dog deserves to be kept like that. Just hope those that have been saved can now get the loving homes they deserve.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
quote from comments under article

i wonder how the dogs were euthanised it said it was by a vet but i have my suspicions on that one
Me too, bolt gun i suspect!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im told the dogs were not ill but "unhandlable" although there was at least one person able to manage them. I expect that person would of assisted them. Hope so anyway.

To be fair the RSPCA had tried in the past, they were always just the right side of the law to avoid action.
The RSPCA seem to find a lot of dogs "unhandable"
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »