Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Extremely noisy tummy

I don't know what is wrong with Kyiros tummy but it is making awful nosies constantly, that sound like an old squeaky door. Its so loud I can hear it over the radio, I've honestly never heard anything that loud before.
I hope its not something wrong with him as he didn't eat his breakfast this morning, which I didn't worry too much about then as on the very odd occasion he does leave
it.
I'm now in the other room to him and I can still hear it going constantly, even Shady is intrigued by how loud it is.
Do you think he could have an upset tummy so I should get prepared for an explosion from one end or the other?
Not sure if I should take him in the car and over to the field this afternoon now either
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Our two greys get it sometimes, although Robbie is louder than Lady. It usually means they have an upset stomach so they get a dose of pro-kolin and fish for the next few meals and they are ok within 24 hours.

We call it a bubbly belly.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Monty gets this from time to time and normally he just won't eat whilst he's got a rumbly belly. We put him on the bland diet whilst he's got it and it usually only lasts a day and then he's back to normal.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Yes sounds like stomach upset, has he been eating grass at all? Hope it settles down soon and he's ok, would go with the bland food too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Good luck with him Bev, I honestly don't know, never heard of this before, sorry, you'll have to play it by ear for want of a better expression of course!!! Hopefully it's just a lot of gas, and it'll make its way out t'other end! Good luck with him, I hope he's better now.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 03:37 PM
I took him over the field and he seemed normal. Even done a normal poo. His tummy is still gurgling though I can hear it from in here and I don't think I have anything in that will be light on his tummy, so I will just offer him a very small quantity of his own food I think just to line his stomach.
Its wainwrights salmon and potatoe so shouldn't be too heavy anyway and I always soak it well first.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 03:43 PM
From my experience Bev, noise is good compared to no noise, so I wouldn't have thought it's anything to worry about toooooo much. If it's gas, it'll just work its way through. Maybe he gulped down his previous meal resulting in the gas, can you remember? I'm sure his normal food will be fine, unless he turns his nose up, then you might have to worry. Good luck.