View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 02:06 PM

The dog fur trade in China. Can our complaints Help?

We must all agree that the dog fur trade in China is wrong but my question is about what we do. I was sent an email about a website where a lady is suggesting that if she gets enough other people to do it with her she will phone up the Chinese embassy every week to complain about this fur trade. My question is do you think thiat if enough people do it regularly it will help the situation, or will it make no difference, or will the annoyance merely make it harder for others to discuss this at some point. Also has anyone any other ideas about what we could do to let them know how we disaprove of this trade & the way it is conducted.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I strongly agree that something really has to be done after seeing a documentary about this with heather mills/mccartney i was absolutely horrified at what was happening, dogs skinned alive. I don't have any ideas just now but if there is anyway i can contribute i will. i know the animal right group PETA are really strongly against this and have some info on thier website. It is a really big trade in china and it will take a lot of doing to help in some way.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
this website explains some stuff www.furisdead.com
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Just been and looked At site 'Dogs voice.org. I didn't realize the scale they were doing at. There talking of warehouses the size of football pitches full to the ceiling Its disgusting
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Why oh why do I always have to look, i can't even write how I feel reading and seeing these things, it give me a heavy heart beacuse to be honest I don't think they will ever stop
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 09:45 PM
its the reason i would NEVER travel to china - obviously that wont stop the trade i realise that but i would never be a tourist there knowing how horrific things are done to dogs and cats here.

i wish something is done - but this is a country where they in some areas still get rid of their female children so i doubt very much that they will sto ptheor disgusting treatment of animals..
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 09:56 PM
One way to help is to make sure anything we buy with fur trim is actually fake fur. incl pet toys

Not only are many animals transported in a barbaric manner and skinned whilst fully conscious, the products that end up on our high streets are often mislabelled or not labelled at all. Consequently, consumers continue to buy products assuming that they are made from fake fur. Furthermore, they have no idea that even if it was real fur that it could be sourced from cat or dog. We are sure shoppers would be appalled if they knew what they were actually spending their money on.

What is also shocking is that this is not illegal. In the UK there is as yet no ban on the import of cat and dog fur. Politicians first want proof. Getting the proof is highly expensive, costing on average £1000 to test the DNA of one garment. MEP Struan Stevenson, a long time campaigner to end the cat and dog fur trade, actually found a ‘cat in the basket’ ornament which was made from dog fur, but unfortunately during testing the toy was considered to small to act as substantial evidence.
http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org/what...fur/index.html
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Ann Hi,
Check out Voice4dogs,org. There is now a European ban on the dog fur trade as from 19th June.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 07:46 AM
I think we should boycott Beijing next year, if enough people refuse to watch the olympics or attend then that will hit China where it hurts, it's pocket.
Becky
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think we should boycott Beijing next year, if enough people refuse to watch the olympics or attend then that will hit China where it hurts, it's pocket.
Becky
Totally agree. Also try your hardest to boycott Chinese goods where possible.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >