Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
asil nosbig
New Member!
Female 

26-09-2013, 07:40 PM

Itching

ive given my dog a flea pill that kills in 2 hrs and bathed him even put anvantex on him hes still itching like crazy
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Hello there, and welcome to Dogsey

What breed is your dog? You don't say whether you have actually spotted any fleas, although of course even if you haven't that doesn't mean that there aren't any.

If it WAS fleas, then the itching might take a day or two to subside but you will have to also treat the home, or the dog's environment including everywhere that he sleeps.

I am not sure about this, so don't take it as gospel, but I don't think that it's a good idea to mix flea treatments because that in itself might cause prolems with the skin.

Good luck anyway, and someone else will be along soon with some good advice I am sure.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't know of this treatment that kills in 2 hrs? But if it does it must be strong stuff and it sounds as if you've used additional treatments soon after.

I found even frontline used to make my CKCS itchy for a day or so after administering the drops. But it subsided.

But then you say you used the pill and then bathed your dog? What did it say about bathing? They usually advise a 2 day wait before and after putting it on.

I am assuming you meant to type Advantix? But that's a total solution too isn't it?
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2013, 06:13 AM
I think the tablet you mentioned might be comfortis.. have heard of it but never tried it... could it be a food allergy?