Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SuzanneGSD
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2007, 03:51 PM

gsd growth problems update

Sorry its been ages folks but lots has been happening and ive been realy busy!! playing catch up now i have a few spare mins!

Ebony had her tests. The vets couldnt do one of the tests as she wouldnt eat there.

they did the growth test and for a dog under 1 year of age it was 425 the normal is over 500 ( for dogs over a year old its less than 200) so slightly low but not hugely! She was 9 mths old at the time.
they did a test for EPI and i cant remeber what the normal was but she was slightly under the normal. (lab advised that it was under and that should be retested in a few months)

so its not clear cut - still leaves us unsure. under the advice from the vets to be 100 % we have to re test her in 2/3 months time! that will be end of april or may time! and then take it from there, theres a chance they may all be normal this time round! they need to test her for liver shunts as well, vet said that if anything was going on leaving her 2-3 months was ok as the results were only slightly below and that things shouldnt change that much, obviously if she became ill that would change things.

Shes still hardly eaten but putting on weight and im sick of telling people that shes gsd not a cross breed!!!!

and she is still very very small!!!! i'll get more pics later and put them up!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Aw I hope she will test ok the next time, nothing worse than a waiting game either...Hugs to you both