Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 06:53 AM

Wild baby bunny

So there I am 3am, getting woken up by this godawful screaming of something. Thought at first it was just another shrew one of our moglets had caught until I heard OH (Mr Night Owl) going outside and yelling at the cats. Turned out they had a baby bunny trapped in the corner of our front garden.

She/he seems fine apart from a cut on the lip, we put her in the cat basket for now with food and water to give her time to recover. Poor little thing isn't the size of tuppence, and has the most gorgeous eyes and the longest eyelashes.

But oh boy, now I have a battle, OH is soo tempted to keep her and tame her. He had a pet 'wild' rabbit when he was little who had been rescued in similar circumstances and their mum decided to keep. Apparently this one used to beat the dog up.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 08:18 AM
awwwwww it's hard to know what to do for the best. Your heart will say keep her, but she is a wild bunny so maybe when she's stronger it would be best to let her go be a wild bunny....my heart would win over I think though.

xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I hope she will be ok and that the shock doesn't kill her , but she would definitely be better put back out in the wild where she belongs
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I hope she will be ok and that the shock doesn't kill her , but she would definitely be better put back out in the wild where she belongs
Well she was certainly feisty enough this morning when I checked on her. And OH says that she was okay this afternoon. We will probably release her tonight.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Aww bless. It must be sooo tempting to keep her, as I bet she is really cute Good luck with the release.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Well, we were sensible. She was fine and feisty after a nights rest, warmth, some food and water and a cuddle or two. Davie and I released her over by the burn tonight.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2009, 05:14 AM
Well done to the both of you!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Aww enjoy your freedom little bunny