Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kerry73
New Member!
Female 

09-02-2008, 01:27 PM

Upset stomach

My 4 yr old cocker spaniel bitch has had an upset stomach since wednesday. She has had very loose bowel movements, sometimes just a watery substance. She is passing very smelly wind and was sick twice on Thursday. I starved her all day Thursday and gave her chicken and rice for tea last night (friday). Today (saturday) she has had 2 bowel movements both very loose. She is still running around and wanting to play and seems ok in herself but im just a little worried as her stomach has been off since wednesday. Does anyone know what i should try/do next with her? Thanks Kerry
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi Kerry, sorry to hear this my dog has just had an upset tummy so I can sympathise.

As she has had diorrohea since Wednesday I would give your vet a call. I would be worried about her becoming dehydrated, particularly as she has been sick a couple of times too.
kerry73
New Member!
Female 

09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanx for that i will call the vet asap and see what they suggest. She is drinking lots so i suppose that is good. Kerry
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Thats good that she is drinking plenty and also the fact that she is well in herself, hopefully it will be something very easy to resolve. At least if the vet feels that all is ok then it will put your mind at ease and if they do need her to come in then hopefully it is something they can sort quickly. Hope that all goes well.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Hope she's feeling better soon. Try some chicken soup, that may lie a little gentler on her tummy.