View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 09:26 PM

prize choice Frozen Minced Meats how much to feed?

i have been looking into feeding the frozen minced meat as suki my working cocker pup has being very soft recently and is fine on chicken but i know chicken isnt a balanced meal.
The only information on the packet is:

Chicken 71% 14.1% 8.6% Chicken whole pieces, minced size 5mm max.
No artificial colouring, fillers, preservatives, additives or cereals. Products with poultry may contain small bone pieces - 4g/100g may be present

and how to serve it. i wanted to know would she be ok on this diet as she is only 6 months old (the site says it is ok but you never know lol) and how much would you feed beacuse there is no RDA

Thanks
ATD xxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 09:04 AM
i think on the website there should be a phone number, i would give them a call and ask their advice i used to give it my pair for a treat stuffed in their kongs
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi it depends on what you are feeding them with really? Raw fed adult dogs usually get 2 to 3% of their own body weight a day in food. But you would be adding these prize choice meats with other things and they would be a part of that amount and not necessarily the whole amount.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 06:30 PM
so 200-300g per day as she is 10kg, i wanted to just try her on the meat as she is solid on chicken pieces but i know that this isnt a balanced diet
but if i was to add mixer or her compleate puppy dry the amount of minced meat would decrease.
thanks for that
ATD xxx