Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Im really fed up of work

Im really fed up of where work at the moment. I am looking for somewhere nearer, as I get paid less than everyone else (even though I do much more work... ) and I was off sick last week with a water infection, and they didnt pay me for it. I am on a different contract to everyone else so they all get paid for being sick....but I dont! I am not a skyver and have only had 2 days poorly in a year...but I get deducted whereas they can have as many sick days as they want!

I put £40 in my car a week to get to work and back and I simply cant afford it anymore, Im really struggling, and with the wedding and honeymoon very soon...Its really getting me down...

I am applying in the town near where I live, so fingers crossed, its just so stressful xxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Everything crossed for you. I learnt a long time ago that loyalty and hard work aren't always rewarded and sometimes you have to think of yourself and not everyone else.
Being stressed out isn't worth it.
Becky
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks Becky. Your right about that. Its just so unfair and frustrating that people I work with can be off, not necessarily even ill...and get pais for it! Its really annoyed me. I hope I hear back from the places I have applied...fingers crossed x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Sounds like they don't deserve you, good luck with your search
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Sounds like they don't deserve you, good luck with your search
Thank you, I really am so annoyed... Im not doing anyone elses work anymore, noone does mine for me and if there gonna knock money out of my wages for being poorly...I dont see why I should bother! I wouldnt mind if we were all treat equally xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Everything crossed for you. I learnt a long time ago that loyalty and hard work aren't always rewarded and sometimes you have to think of yourself and not everyone else.
Becky
Agree totally with this. A few years ago I had a car accident, outside my work place actually. I was signed off work for 6 weeks. I'd worked there for 5 years full-time and started there 9 years earlier as a Saturday worker. I got statutory sick pay for that after all those years hard work. Needless to say, not long after coming back to work, I handed in my notice.

It's not worth getting down about, you spend so much time at work you just can't stay there if you don't enjoy it. Fingers crossed that something great turns up for you. Let us know how you get on. x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 10:05 AM
That sounds very unfair, why do they get paid and you dont, surely that is discrimination??

Agree with Becky, loyalty means nothing these days look what they did to me after 15 years!!!!

I hope you find something soon, its horrible when you hate your job as you spend more time there than anywhere else.

Fingers crossed for you xoxox
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
WELL SAID BECKY.......................words of wisedom there hun. Keeping my fingers crossed for youxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Hoping you are successful closer to home.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2008, 10:56 AM
i learnt the hard way no-one gives a stuff about you and the more you do the more they take the pi** good luck in finding a better job
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >