View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 09:17 PM

An encounter with some chavs, a GSD and a lot of swearing....

Hey,
I have had to leave time for me to calm down before i posted this, but tonight my mum went out, and her friend picked her up and i went out to talk to her friend and say hello to the baby whilst she was putting her shoes on, my mum came out and so did my dad, but he left the front door open (silly i know but we live on the quietist cul de sac ever!- or so i thought...). The next minute the fence hopping chavs (as my mum calls them) came over the fence from the rough council estate that borders our estate with their german sheperd, Molly who was stood patiently at the door couldnt help but run and say hello to the dog, and so Bo naturally followed. This is when the chavs kicked off (2 girls about 14) screaming at molly who was wagging her tail and wanting to say hello to their GSD. They started screaming things to my mum like "get this f*cking dog away from me before i get my dog to bite it" and waving their arms around at molly- who then thought it was a game stupid dog, so started rolling over! I was stood by the door calling the dogs but they wouldn't come so mum went over to get them at this point the girl with the GSD told my mum Molly was a "vicious f*cking bitch who needs a muzzle", so mum calmly said that she was just being friendly and that she meant no harm (none was made!) and the girls started spouting about what irresponsible dog owners we were, only in less polite language. Apparently we were irresponsible for teaching the dogs to be so friendly because dogs are ment to protect their owners....

It all ended with a lot of swearing on the chavs part, the dogs safely inside and my mum looking like she was going to hit someone.

Anyway i am posting here to ask your advice on whether we should go and see their parents. We know where they live and i reguarly see the girls in the woods with the GSD, and i have seen them teaching it to be vicious also. Which is a shame because it is a lovely dog who has often said hello to me on my way down the hill (when it is not accompanied by the girls but by a man)

It seems the girls take the dog onto the council estate to make them look tough amongst the rough kids who live up their.

Also what can we do about the fence hopping, they cross over their fence on their estate, walk a short distance accross wooded area and over the fence that leeds into the flat carpark directly accross from us. Is there anything we can do? We are sick of the noise and rubbish. They do it because it is a quicker route.

So from a "vicious" molly and me, good night xxxx

p.s i would just like to state for anyone who does not know molly she is the softest black labrador anyone could ever ask for, and she has no anger violence in her at all!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 09:26 PM
I have been hollered at for something similar but not by chavs, it's the upper class / pompous ***** that I have been screamed at by...lol

It's unusual for chavs to be the ones acting holier than thou...That's a turn up for the books!

That aside don't take any notice of the nasty things that were said
Spookshow baby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2006, 09:30 PM
well, my own thought would have been to say that the dog might be good with people and dogs but I'M FAR FROM IT!

Another point would be that it is against the law for anyone under 16 to be incharge of a dog in a public place without an adult. If the chavs are nutters then their parents are just as likely to be retarded morons. I'd call the police on them as they haven't got a clue. Support to you and your lovely well mannered dogs.
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2006, 09:35 PM
whats the point going round to there house u will only get the same from them im sure if that jumped your fence then there in the wrong not your dogs it shows how little respect some people have these days good on you for not giveing a mouthful shows the better person won
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 09:35 PM
On first reading this I thought you meant they hopped over the fence into your garden and gave you all that abuse! I've no idea what you can do about them apart from speak to the man who usually walks the dog who you see sometimes? I certainly wouldn't like 2 strange dogs come running over to me when I was walking mine in case they were viscious, but obviously yours aren't, but then from the other side of things, you shouldn't really have let your dogs run over the road to them. I suspect the chavs were worried that your dogs might start attacking theirs and it was their nerves that set off the anger maybe? I don't know, but it sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen syndrome to me. Had your dogs both come back immediately you called them, I suspect things would have been ok? I'm not slating you, as your dogs sound lovely, but I'm just trying to put their perspective across, I don't think they were as tough as they made out, and that's why they have to cart a g.s.d. around with them to make out they are!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2006, 09:41 PM
If you wanna stop people from fence hopping-fix carpet grippers to the fence!

They're dead cheap,comes in long lengths and a simple handsaw will cut it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Good idea Steve, but this is not their fence and I don't think they'd get away with putting that up on a fence around their close, as it's probably owned by the Council, so wouldn't they get into trouble doing that? Now I'd probably do that to keep the b*ggars out but I don't care about getting into trouble!!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 10:10 PM
oh dear i hate any sort of shouting matches (coward that i am )but if they are coming from what you think is a council estate maybe you could report them to the council , i think with this sort of behavior , you might actully find your not the first to get a tounge lashing from them , and if that councils like our local one you only get so many warnings and who knows how many they my have already had .anyway meantime give your lovely dogs a cuddle from me , they showed better manners than the "chavs"