View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Is there any brands you particulary like or trust.

I was thinking this earlier about the Kong air dog balls that some brought for Honey and Diesel, and how I trusted them just based on the name on the ball, and it made me think that all of the kong range I would trust, as I've only heard good things about them, and dogs seem to love them too, so is there any particular brands that you like and/or trust when it comes to dog toys etc.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 02:04 PM
even just reading the title of your thread I would have said Kong
I have never bought something of theirs that the dogs dont like
and they havent broke anything yet either

So why do I bother buying other things I ask myself?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Kong is great isn't it , normally you would expect a small company to take more pride in what they do, if only so that they have a chance of breaking into the market with a good rep, but the Kong company seems to be one of the largest companies that I know of, everyone seems to know them, and their products are amazing quality, and dogs just seem to adore them, it seems that whatever you pick up, if its from the kong range its all good
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2010, 02:28 PM
The only kong range that have managed to survive in this house are the xl black kong and the xl black havaball everything else has bit the dust pretty rapidly.
The boomer ball xl has also survived better than I ever expected it too.
Also the dinobones by nylabone.
So for us it depends, I go by past experiences really.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm a big fan of the old fashioned knotted rope tuggers - they've proved pretty indistructable round here through several generations - and can be put in the washing machine/tumble dryer when they get manky.

Mine have a toy box of mixed toys - but nothing plush, stuffed or plastic as they don't last five minutes and make a heck of a mess.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I like Kong stuff too. Cherry loves their squeaky tennis balls.

And now a cautionary tale of where not to buy dog toys...

My Sister bought them a toy each on a rope for Christmas last year, one was a snowman and one was Santa. They ripped them to bits in 5 minutes! There was white stuffing all over the study floor. I was amazed as they are not destructive, chewy dogs and have never destroyed a toy before, even 20p ones I get from charity shops are still around in one piece after years of play.

Guess where they came from? Yes-Poundland!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I love kong, but I've also had a few cheap pound shop and home bargain toys (that are still here) over the years!

After a while you get to know which toys your dogs are likely to destroy and learn to choose wisely don't you?
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:20 PM
The kong range is great isn't it, I'm a newly converted nylabone fan too. Lucky enough to have 2 that have really soft mouths so soft toys are all over the place here, most of them rosewood as they seem to last forever, Chester is on his third duck as the squeakers keep dying but the toy is completely intact and the quacking is half the fun!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Can't think of anything other than the kong brand that hasn't been destroyed here!! Tilly still has her wubba from when she was a puppy & although the ball inside popped & it's a little bit ripped, it's lasted the distance.
The only other toy that's lasted is the tug a jug & the only reason that broke was because somebody (human) took the lid off & she chewed at it so now it won't screw back on!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Orka toys which seem to be indestructable, Nylabones.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >