Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:41 AM

my Gran

my gran is 103.5 yrs old and just when i think things cant get any more complicated in our family it looks like she might have had a minor stroke as she cant walk at all. my parents are waiting for the doctor to come out.

thing is that until recently i really hated my gran because of lots of things that went on when i was growing up - we all lived together - but now i feel totally different and really understand that she did try her best to help my parents bring my brother and me up. she used to make me clothes as my parents were quite poor and did other things to help out. one of my lasting memories will be her taking me to school when i was small - had to do a hop skip and a jump to keep up with her as she walked so fast.

just got to remember what ever happens in the future the good times and all that she did for me.

sue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Hope your Gran is ok that is a grand old age.
I think we all feel we have issues with parents and Grandparents at some point its the age gap and difference in generation my mum really winds me up sometimes with her comments about things,I have to remember things were very different when she was young.Mum is 87.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear your Gran is unwell. 103.5 years old is amazing though! Fingers and paws crossed that she is ok and sending healing vibes x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:12 AM
103 is a grand age Sue .....we have ladies that old with us at work one is 105 and talks more sence than those of 70
and she still takes care in her looks