Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 05:58 PM

What treats do you feed your dog?

what do you all give as treats ...reason am asking is i buy numerous types of treats that cost too much money and my girls seen to just eat them whole....I do give a carrot everyday and sometimes some pasta......what treats do you give ?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Home made dried liver or liver cake
Bits of raw carrot, apple, banana and raw pepper
Bits of cheese
Pig's Ears
Burns Kelties and Nature menu treats
Jerky
Cherry tomato
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
i gave mine a large marrow biscuite a min ago and they swallowed it whole....not big dogs here LOL
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 06:46 PM
for training treats i use those cheap packets of chicken ham where u get like 100 slices. Lasts ages!

as treats during day i fill her activity ball with half a days worth of kibble, she loves getting it out. She also gets a cooked meal in the evening so it kinda stops me spoiling her too much

she has a rawhide bone, but i dont feel that comfortable giving them to her, but they do last ages.
I also fill up her kong with yoghurt and freeze it sometimes.

I used to give marrow bones, its only 50p for a massive one that the butcher cuts into 3 for me, but i found they smell too much and make a mess!

i dont buy dog treats as they're full of additives and cost loads, so i use chicken and beef and things like that.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I give marrow bone biscuits and gravy bones. Also the home made cheese and garlic biscuits. They would die for them!
I have cut down on treats recently as Pooh Bear, my new rescue dog is a bit snappy and grumbly where food is involved.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 08:19 PM
From the pet store mine get JWB Cracker Jacks and any of the Nutro biscuits and any others that done contain any additives or colourings

I make liver cake a couple times a month and freeze it so I always have enough to take out on walks as a higher value treat

They have cheese sometimes, bits of chicken etc...We also use the cheap sandwich making meats, sometimes they get hotdog or other sausage etc

These are all for training.

...and for treats at home they get lamb bones, marrow bones, chicken wings and any off cuts of meat from when we are preparing our own dinner!...They just had fish heads (gross!!)...lol

They get sardines and pilchards, eggs and shells and I make frozen kongs too of various different mixtures!
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
what do you all give as treats ...reason am asking is i buy numerous types of treats that cost too much money and my girls seen to just eat them whole....I do give a carrot everyday and sometimes some pasta......what treats do you give ?
ok here we go smackos,ringos,rewards,markies,tripe sticks ,pigs ears,rodeos and at the moment he has a thing called a jurassic bone to chew on.I forgot about the wifes toes
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Markies, gravy bones and doggy chocs are her current faves. We get the gravy bones from the local marked £1 for a big bag and she loves them
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 10:16 PM
archie gets loads of stuff:

Carrots, Celery, apples, nuts, parsley (he's a bit weird lol)

Home made biscuits (flavour of the month is cheese and garlic and beef stock)

Liver cake

peanut butter

sliced turkey/chicken

bits of meat

frozen chicken wings lol

rawhide (he's been chewing the same bit for weeks lol)

any of the nice treats from petshops that don't have additives: kelties and the arden grange biscuits, and coachies which he loves
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Parsley, that's hilarious Tuti

Fern will eat anything he can get his teeth into, he loves concrete - silly dog.

For training we were recommended tinned hotdog sausages by Princes.

We chop these up and put them in a bag, he goes mental for them.

Other things we use;

Tomato

Cheese

Apple

Carrots

Choc Drops by Good Boy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >