View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Police officers face jail over dog abuse!!

Argh this made my blood boil

See the video at the end of this snip too.

Two police officers have been told they face possible jail sentences for causing suffering and "mental terror" to their two pet dogs.

Magistrates in Denbigh heard how Anja Mason, 29 and Craig Macleod, 34, who lived together in Prestatyn, now also face losing their jobs.

A neighbour filmed them hitting and kicking the pets and called the RSPCA.

Both admitted causing unnecessary suffering to a collie pup called Tess and Macleod to a rottweiler, Snoopy.

Both will be sentenced on 25 November.

The court was told a neighbour had been concerned about the ill-treatment of dogs at the property and had called the RSPCA on several occasions.

However, when an RSPCA inspector found no evidence of cruelty, the neighbour bought camera equipment and positioned it overlooking the couple's yard.

Prosecuting, Glenn Murphy said: "To her credit this lady purchased a camera and she took many hours of video footage."

A DVD, about 15-20 minutes in length, was played to the court.

In one scene Mason was filmed hitting the pup's head and kicking her.

'Intentionally caused pain'

Later the dog was seen pulling washing from a line before Macleod emerged from the house and chased it to a corner of the yard. Out of shot of the camera the dog could then be heard yelping.

In other scenes, Macleod sprayed the dogs with water and Mason is seen chasing the puppy with what appears to be a stick.

The rottweiler can also be heard yelping as it is apparently abused by Macleod off camera.

The court heard how Maceod had been concerned that the rottweiler was "over-zealous" with his eight-year-old daughter when she visited and he had been advised by a dog handler to spray water as a a deterrent.

Magistrates chairwoman Wendy Gibbs told the defendants: "There were several incidents of deliberate ill-treatment and frightening of the dogs."

She said the magistrates had found no mitigating factors.

She added: "You intentionally caused pain and suffering to both dogs and mental terror to both dogs."

"You risked injury to both dogs by kicking them."

She said all sentencing options would remain open, including custody.

Both defendants had faced six charges relating to alleged offences between March and April 2008.

However the majority of the charges were withdrawn when no evidence was offered against them.

The court heard the DVD had been viewed by a vet who concluded "the actions were not those of a reasonably competent and humane carer".

Defending, Joanne Stephens said neither Mason nor Macleod had intended to cause the animals pain.

The court heard both dogs were signed over to the RSPCA by their owners and are now doing well.

Miss Stephens said: "The defendants stand to lose their jobs as a result of having a criminal conviction which would effect their livelihoods."

North Wales Police has been asked to comment.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7693853.stm
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:09 PM
OMG, that is awful!!!
Just pure evilness!!!
********!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I can't watch the video fortunately or unfortunately - I am not sure which.

I am disgusted and appalled by the report and hope they both lose their jobs immediately. There is no way anyone should get away with treating any animal in such a disgraceful fashion, let alone police officers. I am sure their dog handler colleagues would agree with me.

Throw the book at them.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:21 PM
That is so awful, hated watching that video, that poor rotti is so scared and that poor pup
People like that should have life the same as any person who cause pain and suffering to humans. disgusting.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:27 PM
That F....n bitch if I could get my hands on her I would dam well punch the bitch!!!
That made me cry those poor dogs and the collie was only a little'un too evil evil.
Bet they get off with it though!!! They should loose their jobs as well.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I couldn't watch the video, things like this make me so angry, they should definitely lose their jobs, we all know the police are not perfect, but how can these people police us, its ludicrous.They should be sacked.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I honestly think that if you do a crime such as this then you should get the same back as punishment.

they hit/tortured the dogs so in return they should be hit & tortured, see how they like it.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 04:28 PM
BA$TARDS ......should be strung up!
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-10-2008, 04:30 PM
"The RSPCA could find no evidence of cruelty"! I just wonder how hard they looked or whether they couldn't be bothered?

That organisation disgusts me - animal protection is a joke as far as they are concerned.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I couldn't get the video to play, but that's probably just as well. Having just lost my perfect pet boy, I have absolutely no forgiveness in my heart (or anywhere else) for scum like this, even if they do hide in uniform.

Snorri
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >