Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 01:05 PM

Anal Glands

Just had a message on the F site from the owner of a litter mate of Lily's. He's a male Working Cocker and will be a year old on 19 dec, just wondered if anyone had come across this before:

When he was very young he kept getting water infections and it's why I had him neutered at 7 months and now he is releasing his glands when he's fast asleep, usually on his back with his legs spread out. He does do it when he comes across a dog he is very scared of, which is understandable, but not when he's relaxed and fast asleep. It's like living with a skunk at the moment, bless him. I'm just wondering if they're over filling, what a pickle. The vet nurse said to see how it is a few month and a vet friend has said she's never heard of a dog doing it during their sleep. Apparently male dogs tend to have more problems than females dogs in that region.

Any ideas on what could be done to help him please???

Thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Hello Leanne, I have a few ideas and I think some other members may too.
I think it might be best if you friend posts on here themselves so we can get the full picture.
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Welcome to my world, I have a Chihuahua they do this quiet a bit, the smell is awful like rotting fish. Now and again you get the smell of this it is a trait of Chihuahua's which I didn't know til we'd had him a few weeks. Other than that he's fine in himself.