View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2005, 04:23 PM

Film:'Good Boy' Training methods. Your opinions?

Recently bought the DVD 'Good Boy' for my girls as the main Character is a BT. On the extras theres a bit that shows how the dog trainers trained the dogs and how you can get them to do tricks like roll over etc. The dog was on the table and she was giving basic commands such as sit, stand, and down. What I found strange was that throughout the demonstrations the BT's tail was permanently between his legs. I always associated this with fear in dogs. Does anyone know why this was the case? BT's tend to always have their tails in an upright position.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Marean sorry I can't really answer that..training for dogs should be fun and this is usually signalled by an alert expression and wagging tail ....you say the little dog was on a table, maybe it was not used to the table and was a little scared though still performing
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Havent seen the movie so cant comment on the dogs in it, but as for the tail between their legs I know some dogs who has that. Without being scared.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Seen the movie and the training extra you mentioned, i didnt personally get the impression the dogs were not happy, some dogs do just carry their tails down, my terrier always has his down where both his mum and brothers are always errect