Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:20 PM

Off her food

On last nights walk phoebe ate a LOT of some animals poop. she was eating poop for about 4 mins while i ran over and dragged her away.
When we got home she kept howling like a wolf but then went sulking in her bed so i kept an eye on her. Then she sicked up this minging black blob of poop - it was really disgusting.
I came down this morning to a huge poop in my kitchen it was black and smelled alot worse than her normal poop. She then picked at her breakfast for a bit then decided to eat it all. so ive just carried on keeping an eye as she seams ok.
I have just given her, her weekly bath and she ran downstairs after and did another black smelly poop in my kitchen. I have then put her lunch down as she is still on 3 meals a day from the torsion and she has picked out a few bits of kibble and left the rest.

This is odd - phoebe never leaves food

she sleeping now but thats not unusual she sleeps most of the day its evenings shes normally lively. Not sure what to do? really cant afford a vet trip and dont feel its anything serious

Any ideas what this could be or what i should do
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
ewww yuk! Mine sometimes do this but usually with dead animals before I can get to them. Mya will drop them but Fred the little beggar will scarf them down quick, they don't always get dicky tummys but they sometimes go off their food afterwards, I'd just see how she is tomorrow xx
Edited to add I've just seen you mention she's had torsion, I'd give the vets a quick call for some advice just in case. Typical these things happen when a weekend is coming up, big hugs xx
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
just phoned vets and been told to keep an eye on her and take her in the morning if no better. also said a live yoghurt or some pro-biotics might help get some good bacteria in her tummy

off to shop
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Definatly not well, we just has sausages and she didnt even get out of bed
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Poor Phoebe I do hope she is feeling better soon, if not I really think you should take her to the Vet tomorrow if you can. xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
What a worry for you. I hope she is much improved in the morning bless her.