View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 01:39 PM

Flower has now destroyed bed number 3...

I woke up yesterday morning to find Flower has pulled the lining off her bed...for the third time!! !!

She never used to do this but just recently in a morning after she has been put to bed, she hs destroyed her bed, I buy her the cushioned type beds...but I need an alternative that is puppy proof!! The only thing is I don't want to soend too much as she will more than likely find a way of wrecking it!!

Does anyone have any suggestions? She has toys in her pen with her at night so she shouldnt have to eat her bed??

nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-09-2007, 02:11 PM
What age is she, if she's a year or so old, she's "nesting" as they say, making a nest for expected puppies.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Tuffies do a puppy-proof bed, but they're very expensive....

http://www.tuffies.co.uk/products.asp

Could you just use a platic bed with vet-bed in it? Although saying that, we had some vet bed for our new puppy, and he ate it!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
shes nearly 6 months old. She seems to be ripping the zips of then biting chunks of the lining out!
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by annajennison View Post
shes nearly 6 months old. She seems to be ripping the zips of then biting chunks of the lining out!
My two youngest did this. In the end I bought them cheap single quilts (£5.99 from Asda/Tescos) and some cheap quilt covers to co-ordinate them with the room they were in.

Didn't solve the problem but did save me some money until they grew out of it
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
You could get her a plastic bed, as Isochick has suggested, & just get cheap blankets in the sales / from charity shops. That's what my mum used to do with our dogs as pups till they grew out of the bed destroying age (I think some dogs are always bed destroyers though, so hopefully it's just a phase she's going through!).

She may chew on the plastic bed though so I don't know if it would help you much but may be worth a try.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Thats a good idea, I think I might have to do that!! I do think she would chew a plastic bed...would be perfect for her!!lol!! But the quilt on the floor would be a good idea xx