Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:44 AM

Be proud! I saved Sanchez!!

Hi All,

As most of you know i have a 4 month old JRT and last night i saved him from getting badly burnt, i have been scarred but i would rather it be me than him

I was getting hot food out of the oven and he tried to jump on the bottom of the oven and he would've burnt his front paws very badly so i put my arm in front of him and took the burn instead. To say it hurt would be an understatement but i couldn't bear the thought of him being in pain

Just wanted to share my night with you all cos i am really proud of myself!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Aww well done I hope you didn't get too badly burned and that your pup appreciates what you did for him
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Yup.... well done.... well hopefully your not too well done but ya get my drift

sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys

Will be scarred a bit but if i was in there for any longer i would've been done to a crisp
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Well done for saving Sanchez from getting burned, it would have been tragic if he had jumped in the oven Sorry to hear that you got burnt though in the process
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Well done for saving Sanchez from getting burned, it would have been tragic if he had jumped in the oven Sorry to hear that you got burn though in the process
Its alright, its amazing what you would do for a member of your family And to think i never liked animals before we got him and now i would burn myself to stop him getting hurt
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Poor you - you may have to ban naughty Sanchez from the kitchen in future......hope your arm heals nice and quick hon - you were very very brave IMO
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 12:47 PM
well done!

Without sounding like a cruel and neglectful mum, in our house it would've been the dog getting burnt and our response: 'well you wont' do it again will you!'

Nah, seriously - there's been a few close shaves with Takara (after all dalmatians will go for food no matter where it is!) but a quick hip swing at her tends to knock her out of the way!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 01:31 PM
You were very brave, and very quick thinking too I might say! This worries me with one of my dogs who insists on sharing the kitchen with me, he's always sprawled out on the floor and I'm always having to step over him carrying food. I have to ban him sometimes and put the bin in the doorway to keep him out if I'm going to open the oven or carry hot liquids, coz it would be s*d's law that he got hurt! He's a bit of a dustbin and always hoovers up in there when I've been cooking!
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2006, 01:33 PM
He always follows me everywhere i go and insists on sitting watching me to make sure i am not leaving him!! He even comes in the loo with me
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >