Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:36 AM

I never thought i would do it. ....

but, i finally bought Tonks a coat. She still hates the wind and the rain so she has one wind and rain proof normal coat..........and this one.

I couldn't resist it when i saw it, especially as it was one £2.........and my partner is english....the look on his face was priceless!

Tonks is now warm and, well i wouldn't say that she was happy to be in the rain, but she doesn't try to pull me all the way home!

alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:39 AM
awwww!

china has two coats
1) A thinnish red one for light rain and chillyness
2) an arctic coat (she realllllllly hates wind and rain!) that fastens around underneathe her rib cgae and covers her belly...
oh and 2 hoodys and a jumper for winter!

Tonks looks sooo cute!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh she looks adorable it's a lovely coat and she certainly looks a poppet snuggled up nice and warm xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Aaaaw I'm glad Tonks is warm and dry now
Mo has three coats, a light, waterproof one for warmer days. A thicker warmer one for those cold winter mornings and a best one for when hubby decides she look smart
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Aww - i'm glad i'm not the only one with a dog who hates cold and rain!

She gave me the fright of my life the other day....ran home from the green at the end of my mum's close when it started to pour down. Luckily it is a really quiet road and there were no cars coming. Usually she comes back no worries, but because of the rain, the most she would do was sit at a distance. ....even sending my mum's dog to get her didn't help.

From now on it will be coat on and lead on as soon as it starts to rain if we are caught out in it!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Aww - i'm glad i'm not the only one with a dog who hates cold and rain!

She gave me the fright of my life the other day....ran home from the green at the end of my mum's close when it started to pour down. Luckily it is a really quiet road and there were no cars coming. Usually she comes back no worries, but because of the rain, the most she would do was sit at a distance. ....even sending my mum's dog to get her didn't help.

From now on it will be coat on and lead on as soon as it starts to rain if we are caught out in it!
lol!you arent the only one...if it starts raining and she hasnt got her coat on we get funny looks coz to anyone it looks like we have attached a lead to a bush!

But if you look closely underneath...you will find a wimpy staffy huddled underneath!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
So i guess there is no chance of her growing out of it then!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
So i guess there is no chance of her growing out of it then!!
oh no! dont bother even entertaining the idea!
china is now about 6/7!

I think its because they have such a fine coat....its like us wearing a t-shirt only...
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh well - looks like i will be buying another coat in a while once she has grown out of this one. I deliberately bought a large water prof coat which i think will last her another few months as it is too long for her.....swamps her a bit but she doesn't seem to mind.

Right we are going to try and beat the rain and get out there for a good walk.......want her tired so i can do some unpacking and house work with out her help!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I can imagin your hubbies face....Bless, but I think it looks good. Reah has a coat too, with a little bit that covers the back of her neck, when it's cold she insists on wearing.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >