Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Your dogs peculiar foibles...

Thought this would be a nice thread... what are your dogs strange/peculiar/particular foibles?
Now Jamie, he won't eat unless he see's Deacon and Codee are enjoying their food, even if he gets his first.
Deacon likes to bring you a present, usually one of his toys, every time he greets you, aww!!
Codee, now she is a wuss, she whines at shadows and dribbles...
Remy, now she would not walk in puddles, she insisted on taking her bonio or like to her bed or the sofa, wait til the others had finished theirs and then curl her lip at them, you would say "Remy!" and she would sort of laugh...
When we had Bramble, she would pick her food out her bowl and hide it, then go back to get it afterwards...
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:38 AM
If Ivan gets a pigs ear or a bone as a treat he likes to dance around it making funny noises for a few minutes before he settles down to eat it. It's great to watch.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:38 AM
They do have some funny little ways
Tilly has one which we find amusing - when she wants to go out, she goes to the back door & whacks it with her paw, but if we are sitting in the living room we have this black glass radiator cover where she can see her reflection. She goes up to it & hits it with her paw like she does the back door & whines to go out Not sure if she thinks it's a door, but she always does this. We call it "Tilly's knocking on narnia so wants to go out"
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Mine I seem to think are convinced I can't do anything in my bathroom without them ....when I lock the door they sit outside and whine LOL
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Ang3l View Post
Mine I seem to think are convinced I can't do anything in my bathroom without them ....when I lock the door they sit outside and whine LOL
Poppy and my 3 cats are exactly the same, its like I am putting them through some trauma if I close the bathroom door, and then its like a little petting farm waiting for me to come out! And when I have bath, Poppy stands against the bath and watches me (and tries to drink the water then gets annoyed as she cannot reach it)... no privacy at our house!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Max follows me everywhere, and sleeps on the bathmat when I'm in the shower (in case I escape down the plughole??)
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Stanley HAS to poo in long grass or if he can manage to find some he prefers nettles and thistles...thanks son lol
He growls and jumps at chews before eating them. Its hilarious to watch and if he wants you to play he comes and butts his nose into you and make a little whiny growly noise.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Great idea for a thread!

Max doen't like to drink unless we are in the house. If we have been out for a couple of hours on a hot day, he will rush downstairs to greet us and then go and have a big drink. We always say to him 'you are allowed to drink when we're not here you know'.

Also his crazy moments in the garden. Generally he doesn't dig unless he is having a cheeky moment. He will give you a sideways glance to see if you are looking and if you act shocked he will start digging manically. This actually proved very useful when I wanted to dig the vegetable patch over. Max got started and I kept saying 'Maximoose!' in a pretend shocked way. He did most of it for me although I did have to stop him as he got so enthusiastic he kept flinging large lumps of mud at the greenhouse!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Aw, loving this thread

Jake follows me everywhere, even to the bathroom!

Whenever someone comes in the house he has to find something to put in his gob, usually my nieces slipper

He is scared of bugs when they crawl

When he sees a food he wants, he starts to spin in circles
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Bruce will not poo if anyone can see him, he always has to go into the shrubbery or hedges, making it hard to find.
When he wants to go out he taps your leg and he insists n being on guard duty from 8 in the morning til 8 at night, then he gets off the window seat and goes to sleep on the chair LOL
And last but not least every time the Corrie soap break comes on he jumps off the window seat and runs to the kitchen to the kettle........all my guests and friends know I have a cuppa then programmed dog tuned into Corrie

Skye loves water and can smell water from a mile away....she's a water detector.
And always insists that when her Dad comes home ....no other dog here gets to the door before her

Reah, plays the ''old legs'' all day long, until I say at night...Reah go and have a wee please, she's off the settee like a rocket, goes outside does what she has to and can make those stairs in record time as she loves to sleep my side of the bed.

Tess.....goes the longest way round everythng she is asked to do, and is a clingon with me
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »