Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosey
New Member!
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:43 AM

SBT: Pyoderma ?

Hi all,

Looking for some advise really. My 14wk pup staffordshire bull terrier [blue] has had 'pyoderma' since about a week after we bought her home and we have had her just 3 weeks.

She is on her second week on Synulox. I have seen very little improvement and she pretty much has 'spots' everywhere. Around mounth/chin/lips/cheeks/top of head down spine to base of tail. Legs. Tummy around 'privates'

The appear spot like and crust over. She is being fed Wainwrights which she loves and she is eating well, and gaining weight nicely. [7.4kg now]

Anyway..i has checking her over this morning and lifted her front leg and saw this aweful looking spots/lesions. [see pic]

Does it look like pyoderma to u or something else ? She finishes the anitbiotics on Saturday and im due to take her back then to be rechecked.... kinda wondering if she needs to go back sooner.

Thx for reading and sorry for the rambling on.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 10:17 AM
http://www.vetbase.co.uk/information...in-disease.php

I would try and rule out an allergy and look at boosting her immune system.

Skin problems due to suppressed immune system are more common is blue SBT's as the colour is a dilute, especially if both parents are blue.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 10:36 AM
To me it looks more like an allergy. the skin looks very similar to my dogs skin. he has a dust & storage mite allergy.

hope this helps