Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Puppy training

I just wondered if it was me or has anyone had this problem, but getting dog training in this part of the world is almost impossible. I phoned one lady who has training on a monday an it all sounded very nice until I asked the price, £3.50 per week and then she dropped a bombshell, and £80.00 per year. Am I being resonable in the fact that this sounded a bit to expensive, and a long way away.
I have tried everywhere web site, local paper, even phoned the local RSPCA, the vets.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Our training courses cost £60 for a 6 week puppy course and £60 for junior and adult courses lasting 8 weeks.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Hello!

I am originally from Beverley (45mins from York)... I know there is a class in Bev, not sure on the prices...

If you email the Kennel Club they will email you all the classes in your area... That is what I have done. This is to do the Good Citizen Dog Scheme.

Here is the info:

Where can I find out about my local course?

Puppy Foundation courses will be run through Kennel Club Registered Dog Training Clubs, Kennel Club Listed Training Clubs, Adult Education Centres and Veterinary Practices approved by The Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme.
Details of your local course can be found by contacting the GCDS on telephone number 020 7518 1011 or by email on gcds@the-kennel-club.org.uk. Please include your full name and address when requesting information because packs are posted to you.

Look on the Kennel Club Website for full details!
Sarah M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Thank you for your replys, I shall certainly email the kennel club. It just that Dylan has taken to chasing bikes and worst of all cars. It's getting quite bad so much so that I am getting reluctant to take him out and let him off the lead. Its also quite bad when people come to the house as he barks quite a lot, I know he wouldn't hurt anyone but when a ball of fluff runs at you yapping I am sure it can be quite off putting, any suggetions in the while I find training courses would be helpful. Thank once again.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi Sarah, when checking the Kennel Club list be careful. I asked them for a list of people who do dog training in my area. When the list arrived and I started making enquiries I found that 99% of the people on the list hadn't done dog training in the area for over 2 years
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi Sarah have you looked here...

click here

that doesn't sound a lot to me and is comparable with the sum Carole is paying. Also take into account the trainer has to rent a venue for the classes ....I would be wary of anyone who was too cheap.
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Hi all
Well The Kennel Club Good Citizen Foundation Course Puppy was £30 for 8 weeks and if bringing 2 dogs the other got half price.
Same with the Bronze, and the Silver. Mine are in the lat weekof the Gold so they charge £30 eackh ..no discounts .
Hey Guys ..Wish me luck on Saturday with my 2 . I am a wreck

Please all look for a Registered Trainer as anyone can set thenselves up

http://www.alphadogtraining.co.uk ....there is a national Number as well
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2005, 06:42 AM
Hi Margaret. Whatever you're doing on Saturday, if it is related to your two beautiful dogs, then no luck is necessary. They are so gorgeous, your day "must" be a total success
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Hi Margaret. Whatever you're doing on Saturday, if it is related to your two beautiful dogs, then no luck is necessary. They are so gorgeous, your day "must" be a total success
Thanks Vicki It is The Kennel Club Cood Citizen Gold Awards..Obedience Training . I am a stickler for training.