Our sister sites
Our sister sites
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2010, 11:56 PM

Missing her friend or illness?

Hi,

Most of you will know by my post today that we had a tradegy, we lost our beautiful Rotti Keila.

Maybe I am paranoid due to Keila's sudden death but my staffi x doesn't seem right.

She has been pining most of the night, I just put it down to her missing Keila but now she is panting very heavily and has severe diarrhea.

Is this normal behaivour for a dog that has just lost a friend ?

I am getting worried now, I couldn't cope with anymore heartache today.

Thanks
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Oh, poor love.

I'm sure all the recent upset and then the loss of Keila will be having an effect.

I would feed her light meals (chicken and rice e.g.) and keep a watch for 48 hours. Lots of cuddles may help too.

If there's no improvement, then nip her to the vets.

Big hugs to you all

x0x
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Vicki, the crying is still there and so is the diarrhea, she was sick last night but she hasn't brought up anything since.

She is eating and drinking so just going to give her fusses until she is better xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by taz_in_2001 View Post
Thanks for the reply Vicki, the crying is still there and so is the diarrhea, she was sick last night but she hasn't brought up anything since.

She is eating and drinking so just going to give her fusses until she is better xx
Hi Sarah, I agree with Vicki, I would feed a light diet for the next couple of days (boiled rice with white fish or chicken) , if your girl is eating and drinking ok I don't think there is a lot to worry about but if you are in doubt or the runny tummy continues for more than 48 hours I would see he vet.

As I said in the other thread, I would try to stick to the normal routine as much as you possibly can when dealing with the dogs and try to be 'bright' although it may be difficult just now .
Stress should not be underestimated and any changes in routine or your distress can be picked up by your dogs and effect them in some way .
I am sure dogs are like any other mammals, when the body is under stress the auto immune system doesn't work as efficiently making the body more susceptible to infection and tummy upsets.