Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 01:33 PM

My Goodness This House Is Quiet

Charly and her boyfriend Ash left about 10mins ago for the long journey to Devon. Ash has bought a house in Devon as its where he grew up and his family are there. He is in the Army so stationed here but when they can get some time off together they like to go off down there as he likes to surf and Charly loves the friendliness of everyone there and beauty of the place.
So now there is just me and the doggies for a week and they are doing their usual snoozing.
It seems so quiet already though, somehow quieter than normal as I am used to Charly being at Uni during the day and being on my own here, perhaps its because I know she won't be bursting in through the door later.
I am really happy for them though, they make a wonderful couple and i love it when they do go down there as it makes them both so happy, which makes me happy. I have put in my order for clotted cream to be bought back with them, very naughty but you can't beat the real thing.
I suppose I had better go and brave tesco soon so I can eat while they are away, I bet it won't be quiet there!
Thought I would bore you even further and post you a couple of pics of their last trip down to Devon.

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 01:53 PM
She is so pretty and she can't go wrong with a Debon buhy

I hope they have a great week. I take it they are probably in north Devon if they are surfing.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Bev Charly is a bit of a beauty isn't she . How lovely to be starting out on a new life with the one she loves and to have Devon as a place to which they can retreat...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Beautiful pics Bev.

It is quiet here too as Michael is away till later today or tomorrow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I tend to agree, lovely photos. and I would like a jar of real clouted cream too
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Aw they make a lovely couple. Devon is lovely - I envy them.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

I hope they have a great week. I take it they are probably in north Devon if they are surfing.
Yes his house is in North Devon. No she seems to have picked a good one in him, he is a lovely young man and thinks the world of her

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Bev Charly is a bit of a beauty isn't she . How lovely to be starting out on a new life with the one she loves and to have Devon as a place to which they can retreat...
Thank you, I don't think she realises how lucky she is just being able to go off to Devon for a week here and there. My favourite holidays were in Devon and she doesn't realise how much it would cost to hire a holiday home and travel on top. Obviously because its Ash's house it doesn't cost a penny.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Beautiful pics Bev.

It is quiet here too as Michael is away till later today or tomorrow.
Think I will have to sit and catch up on all the tv programmes I recorded and havn't had time to watch. They are only 3 hrs into their journey so still another couple of hours travelling yet.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I tend to agree, lovely photos. and I would like a jar of real clouted cream too
I just hope she remembers to buy it before they come home as my mouth is watering at the thought.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Aww she looks so pretty and happy Exciting new chapter in her life Bev.. and some peace and quiet for you - make the most of it, might not be long before there is the pitter patter of tiny feet and you will be roped in to baby sitting
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Aww she looks so pretty and happy Exciting new chapter in her life Bev.. and some peace and quiet for you - make the most of it, might not be long before there is the pitter patter of tiny feet and you will be roped in to baby sitting
Ha ha! I don't think so Azz. She is studying to become a Lawyer and has very high goals which she is determined to reach. She has already told her boyfriend that there will be no children till she is older and not while he is in the army as she has no intention of becoming a single parent. She knows her own mind.
Just had a text to say they have just arrived at Ash's house safely.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Good for her Bev - and yes, I can definitely see her as a lawyer
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >