View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2009, 10:50 PM

Anyone had a dog that has 'shown them up'?

This is just fun, something to share. I love my dog so much, BUT I have found him quite a hand full. I have had dogs before and training was smooth and straight forward. Thought I was quite good at it, then we got Eddie.
Training classes were embarrassing at first. He jumped around, ignored me, lunged at the other dogs and barked, once he pooed in the corner of the hall.

One week the trainer said this week we are doing 'recall'. He looked smug at me as if 'you have got no chance'. Proved him wrong, didn't I. Eddie was such a little tinker in the house I was forever calling him to me so I could keep an eye on him. Every time he came to me he got a cuddle and sometimes a treat - result - excellent recall, we were best in the class, wiped the smug look of the trainer's face

One week he said to me that I was not tough enough with him. He said give me the lead, I will show you how to walk him to heel, Eddie nearly pulled him over, he handed the lead back to me and said 'carry on'. He didn't have much to do with me after that.

However, Eddie will be two soon. Things are a lot better. He gets spooked easily so we have to be really calm with him - oh and he doesn't like the car oh and he's got a thing about my reading glasses - and he's made me realise I am a hopeless dog trainer.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Ah, that made me smile.
Yes Podge shows me up all the time, hes a mad collie, but hes my mad collie and i wouldnt have him any other way
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I have vinnie...nuff said
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Ah, that made me smile.
Yes Podge shows me up all the time, hes a mad collie, but hes my mad collie and i wouldnt have him any other way
I know what you mean, I wouldn't have my boy any other way.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2009, 11:01 PM
TODAY!!
I was in garage with Werm sniffing around back yard and My neighbor was just leaving her house...... in white trousers ready to go to work.....
puppy, paws, trousers, white- need i say more!!??
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 11:50 PM
i love jake he is a pest, rarely listens, is a thief, causes so much cleaning up, poo's a billion times a day, has dug up half the garden, is a total goofball, is into everything, has cost me soooo much money!, has eaten the handles off all of my hairbrushes, has made me the owner of the 'crazy' dog in the park... but i wouldnt have him any other way i love my boy just as he is

Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
TODAY!!
I was in garage with Werm sniffing around back yard and My neighbor was just leaving her house...... in white trousers ready to go to work.....
puppy, paws, trousers, white- need i say more!!??
jake did the same thing when he was younger... except it was a random guy in the park!! i couldve died!
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2009, 11:54 PM
=lozzibear;1819595]i love jake he is a pest, rarely listens, is a thief, causes so much cleaning up, poo's a billion times a day, has dug up half the garden, is a total goofball, is into everything, has cost me soooo much money!, has eaten the handles off all of my hairbrushes, has made me the owner of the 'crazy' dog in the park... but i wouldnt have him any other way i love my boy just as he is
Thats how I feel about my OH!!!!!

jake did the same thing when he was younger... except it was a random guy in the park!! i couldve died!
[/QUOTE]

I think a random would be better than the next door neighbor who I have to see often- and now think I will bake her a cake or cookies to make up for puppy making her late for work..........
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
I think a random would be better than the next door neighbor who I have to see often- and now think I will bake her a cake or cookies to make up for puppy making her late for work..........
lol thats a good point... i just apologised, grabbed jake and ran

oooo you should make her cookies! cookies are awesome
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Yep, I think they all know when to pick their moments.

Last time for me was when I took all 3 to a GSD rescue fun day. Most of the day they were as good as gold and all the GSD people stopped and told me how well behaved they were, 'not like the usual border collies they meet'.

Well Tip must've decided that my head was getting too big as he then proceeded to pick fights with Stumpy for no reason what so ever. I was so embarrassed I ended up having to leave.

He's never done that before or since..no idea what got into him but he showed me up good and proper!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Chip can walk past dozens of dogs on and off lead and never give them a second glance. But every once in a while he loses the plot and does a war dance, often at the most inoffensive, placid looking creature.To make it worse Dale, who never barks at anything, joins in. It's so embarrassing. Chip sounds savage. Yet on the one occasion when he got away from me, he charged up to the astonished dog and rolled over.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >