View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2015, 06:59 AM

What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?

I will get this off to a good start.. still cringing over 60 years later! So I was around 7 and we were on a camping holiday in Europe. That day we were near Menton on the Riviera and were trooping down , wearing our swimsuits , with others from the campsite. Who included a young man in close fullung trunks.. So wee lass pipes up, " Mummy, why does that man have tennis balls in his trunks?" For a second the world stopped turning and I cannot remember what was said or done. It was years before I realised.... cringe! Any advances on that????
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2015, 01:21 PM

I have had so many embarrassing moments I don't know where to start!

I had to go for a blood test at the hospital and I'd left my car window open the night before and it has poured with rain. The car seat was sopping wet so I put a towel on it and thought it would be dry enough. By the time I'd got to the hospital , my trousers were soaking wet in the bum area. I put my coat so it wouldn't show. I slid my coat off and sat down on the hard plastic chair, blood test done so stood up and there on the seat was a massive wet patch. It looked like i had peed myself. The technician just looked at me and I thought he is never going to believe me so I fled !!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post

I have had so many embarrassing moments I don't know where to start!

I had to go for a blood test at the hospital and I'd left my car window open the night before and it has poured with rain. The car seat was sopping wet so I put a towel on it and thought it would be dry enough. By the time I'd got to the hospital , my trousers were soaking wet in the bum area. I put my coat so it wouldn't show. I slid my coat off and sat down on the hard plastic chair, blood test done so stood up and there on the seat was a massive wet patch. It looked like i had peed myself. The technician just looked at me and I thought he is never going to believe me so I fled !!
I'm so sorry but... HAHA HAHA! Thank you SO MUCH for this laugh. I know I shouldn't laugh but this literally made me laugh out loud. The way you wrote it painted such a vivid picture of the incident. I'm sorry this happened to you, must have been so embarrassing.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Laugh away ! It doesn't bother me now, I'm used to it .

I've had so many embarrassing moments that I make Mr Bean look like a sane person.

My sister has a very funny story that could be right out of a sitcom. I wont tell it yet as I don't want to hog the thread.

Myra, have you a story to tell? Spill the beans !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Well, I've not had TOO many incidents thankfully, but I can remember one very embarrassing one. I had just come from the store after buying some stuff. I got my change and I went into a crowded Chick Fil A fast food restaurant for some lunch.

After she rung up my order and I handed her the money I had just gotten from the other store, she checked it out and rather loudly said "You can't pay with this. This isn't real money" and she called the manager. Everyone turned and looked. I was so confused, I asked for it back and upon looking closely - she was right!

I began to babble what had happened, that I had just gotten it from the store etc. I offered to pay with real money, but they refused and I was asked to leave the restaurant. It really wasn't my fault and it was SO EMBARRASSING. Paying with counterfeit is also a serious crime so I'm glad it wasn't worse than that. Now I never use cash for anything. It was horrid.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Dibbythedog I laughed so much at your embarassment mjfromga that was embarassing and not so funny.

Rosebud were you the little girl who asked the question? lol

I've had loads of embarrassing times but I can't think of many offhand. I think they were so bad I have buried them deep so as to not remind myself of them. haha

One of the times I was going to a temping job at the dockyard. Everyone had to go through security so a big crowd of us were sitting waiting. It was only 8am and I don't do mornings very well. There was one woman who was sitting yacking away in a loud voice, yack yack yack, yack yack yack absolutely non stop. When she got called away I said to the woman next to me, well if she works as hard as her gob goes she'll do alright. The woman said to me, that's my sister. oh the shame
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2015, 09:02 PM
So funny. But I bet she wasn't TOO offended as she probably knows her sister talks a mile a minute.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Earliest one was the first time going swimming with the school. As did all the kids, we wore the swimming costume under our clothes going to school on swimming day.

I was so excited that I undressed but forgot to take off my vest and knickers which were on top of the costume and ran merrily to the side of the pool where the teacher and my classmates were all amassed.

I was only 7, but was so mortified I still cringe now when I think about it
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2015, 11:37 PM
One of those stand out embarrassing moments. I was about seventeen and we were waiting in line to see a midnight movie about The Doors. We came prepared with vodka and a half gallon of grapefruit juice. Maybe a two hour wait, the first drink was pretty rough. The second much better...I think I was eventually swilling the vodka neat. Somehow I was in the restroom. From far off a bunch of female voices were saying "Are you okay?", then they were calling out the door " Hey your chick is sick!". My gentleman friend came in and carried me out. I don't remember a blessed thing after that. Even forty years later I still get queasy hearing The Doors.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Dibbythedog I laughed so much at your embarassment mjfromga that was embarassing and not so funny.

Rosebud were you the little girl who asked the question? lol

I've had loads of embarrassing times but I can't think of many offhand. I think they were so bad I have buried them deep so as to not remind myself of them. haha

One of the times I was going to a temping job at the dockyard. Everyone had to go through security so a big crowd of us were sitting waiting. It was only 8am and I don't do mornings very well. There was one woman who was sitting yacking away in a loud voice, yack yack yack, yack yack yack absolutely non stop. When she got called away I said to the woman next to me, well if she works as hard as her gob goes she'll do alright. The woman said to me, that's my sister. oh the shame
Indeed I was! My first trip abroad! This was old box Brownie days, (camera) and there was a black and white ( in those days if you wanted colour you painted the photo and some folk earned a living doing that) of that same wee girl walking past the Grave of the Unknown Solider in Paris with her knickers hanging down below her little dress...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >