Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Poor Old Amie(10)

Went to the Vets Yesterday to have her Teeth Cleaned and ended up having 9 teeth out.

I feel so guilty poor thing must have been in such pain

The teeth more or less fell out the vet said she did not even have to pull them they were so loose .

I don't know why her teeth are so bad she only eats a good Diet has raw bones to chew on and she does not eat a lot of human stuff.

My last Dog died at 19 with all her teeth and cookie is 8 and still has pearly white teeth.

Good news is her breath smells Lovely and she seems happy and I'm sure she seems to be acting a lot younger today

Also in just 2 Days Cookie has cost us £145 for her 3 monthly Blood tests and medication Bloods not looking great but will will deal with that.

And Amies has cost us £145 so Dog ownership is not cheap, if you dont have Insurance my advice to you is get it!!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Poor Amie, Bet she's happier toothache is horrible!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Poor Amie getting so many teeth out! I'm sure she feels better for it now.
I know what you mean about the cost, recently I had to take Ben (7yr old) and not insured, to have his teeth cleaned and it cost me £130
Charlie (my new pup) is insured, and I check his teeth already but I don't think many insurances cover dental bills anyway.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Yes, all dog owners should have insuance for them.

I'll repeat a post I put on here a few weeks ago.
London school of economics did a survey as to how much it costs to keep a dog, they picked a rottie and worked out that in total, for a life span of 10yrs, it will cost you £20,000.

Scary, aint it.